Tony Abbott achieves the impossible:

Tony Abbott achieves the impossible: unity among economists

Economists are refuting the three big picture claims made by the government: 1) We have a budget emergency 2) We have a debt crisis and 3) The carbon tax was ruining the economy

There’s a joke about economists: if you ask five economists the same question you’ll get six different answers. Granted, it's not a very good joke, but it’s a fair call. Ours is a complex field, and a growing number of economists are acknowledging that the theory sitting behind mainstream economics is mostly rubbish. As a result, it’s very difficult to find consensus on real world events.

But that's where Abbott and Hockey have achieved what many thought impossible: a true consensus. Unfortunately for the coalition government, the consensus is entirely against them. The Abbott government’s agenda has been driven by three major claims, all of them economic in nature. Let’s see how economists view these three themes:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/23/tony-abbott-achieves-the-impossible-unity-among...

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Tony Abbott achieves the impossible:

I find some amusement in the way that some people are affected by threads like these, reposted or not.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

I find some amusement in the way that some people are affected by threads like these, reposted or not.

yeah me too, lol.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

re.Tony Abbott achieves the impossible

......have a wonderful image of him being able to turn himself inside-out, puffs up like a balloon from all the hot air, quickly ascends from all the self illusionary ideas delusion.....and then with a big *BANG! explodes!!!

....into absolutely NOTHING at all.

Everything and everyone is back to normal and all is at peace and at one with the universe.......

.....in comes the Cheshire Cat

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply