Tony Abbott should prove he didn't have an affair with Credlin

He applied this to others, how did they keep this out of the papers?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Tony Abbott should prove he didn't have an affair with Credlin

Tony takes on Sam Clean Air System . 😄

https://youtu.be/Y77n--Af1qo
Message 11 of 81
Latest reply

The person I feel sorry for in all this is Margie Abbott. As the wife of a PM she has never put a foot wrong,  and whether the affair rumours are true or not, she certainly doesn't deserve the kind of publicity she is now going to be faced with.

Message 12 of 81
Latest reply

What I don't understand and why I started the thread is why the msm didn't go there big time? Must be so hard to either manipulate or calm the media.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 81
Latest reply

Why should he it's nobody's business 

Photobucket
Message 14 of 81
Latest reply

@kilroy_is_here wrote:

Why should he it's nobody's business 

I agree..

Tommy Loves Everyone... Im a 75 year old nutcase..
Message 15 of 81
Latest reply

you can prove that you have had an affair

how do you prove that you haven't?

Message 16 of 81
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

you can prove that you have had an affair

how do you prove that you haven't?

That was my thought exactly.

In terms of the media...my impression is that for politicians and their private lives, albeit well-known within parliament, were hands-off topics. Think Bob Hawke. 

Otherwise it would be near-impossible to respect anyone in the job. If every non-job related thing was exposed. But, personal relationships that might affect job performance...that would be public interest. I did know, that there were murmurs in the ranks. But keeping it out of the papers I do believe, is the norm here. Unless it's something critical e.g. that relationship between a purported Chinese spy and an Australian official. That kind of thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 17 of 81
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

He applied this to others, how did they keep this out of the papers?

The only way to "prove" they had a professional relationship would be by signing stat decs to that effect, perhaps. Both of them. That has consequences if untrue. Don't see it happening though. Denials are usually all that happens. Think Clinton.

I am not implying anything by that...it's just to show that denials may or may not be true, or could be part truth, etc. Denials are believed, or not. Sometimes a dignified silence is the better option, if rumours are merely that, rumours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 18 of 81
Latest reply

Just out of interest I looked up stat decs:

image.jpeg

so yes, that would be proof enough. Carries more weight than a denial. So if they want this to go away for good...stat decs.

Message 19 of 81
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

actually, there has been rumour about this for quite a long time

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/snow-business-as-prime-minister-tony-abbott-hits-the-slope...

this ski trip raised a few eyebrows amongst the journos- especially the lack of Credlin's wedding ring

if it is true, it's pretty hypocritical of him imo- being the great marriage advocate that he is supposed to be. 

Lack of a wedding ring is unlikely to indicate an affair. If there was anything to hide the ring would be firmly firmly on! 

Wouldn't be the first hypocrite in politics if this is true. I'm not condoning it just resigned to the fact that politics by its very nature does not attract the highly ethical/moral.

Refusing to sack her (if true) was the right thing to do, if there was no reason to sack her. If she was doing her job and not affecting his ability to do his.

Message 20 of 81
Latest reply