Tony wants to wind back the clock and repeal so much more.

Australia To Reinstate Imperial Measurement System

Australia will revert to using miles, ounces, yards and furlongs next year, more than 40 years after the imperial system was first phased out in favour of metric measurements.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott made the announcement late yesterday as part of his broader plan to return to colonial era thinking.

Read more here...... http://www.theshovel.com.au/2014/03/25/australia-to-reinstate-imperial-measurement-system/

Smiley Very Happy Smiley LOL

Yes, it's purely satirical

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Tony wants to wind back the clock and repeal so much more.

I heard that as from July 1, women will have to resign from paid employment once they marry.

Wonder how the young women here feel about that. 

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

From January 1 2015, all television progammes will be broadcast in black and white including Tonys favourite show, Gilligans Island
Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

f6ef19238d95e804_1940sSuit_SSV.jpg

fortunately i have the right kit in the back of the wardrobe. vintage cufflinks are selling like hotcakes i hear.

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

That suit looks like its made of wool lakeland.Nice.How come you can't buy anything made from wool here- in Australia!!!
Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

f.jpg

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

oh no, please don't bring back the safari suit  Woman LOL

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
That suit looks like its made of wool lakeland.Nice.How come you can't buy anything made from wool here- in Australia!!

that quality is long gone i'd say. garment industry went long ago , the Fletcher Jones factory is slowly returning to the ground i hear  Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

he will probibly try to bring sodomy and bugery laws back too death or imprisonment

to revert to Imperial measurements alot has to chnge schooling retail finance banks cars will have to have miles rather then Ks its stupid 

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

I hear families with boys will get a Brylcreem supplement as well.
Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

@lakeland27 wrote:

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
That suit looks like its made of wool lakeland.Nice.How come you can't buy anything made from wool here- in Australia!!

that quality is long gone i'd say. garment industry went long ago , the Fletcher Jones factory is slowly returning to the ground i hear  Smiley Happy

Entropy:)
Message 30 of 35
Latest reply