Uniforms for NSW workers

The NSW tax payers have just paid out $6.6m to rigout our railway workers and others, the cost to dispose of the old uniforms is $300.000. Design costs were $8500.00 and they will last about 18 months.

The employees who have been given these uniforms for FREE are whinging about the feel of the material.

My message - get over it , if you don't want to wear what is supplied FREE then you have 2 options, supply your own or get another job, sheeeesh what do people want ?

Your comments please.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Uniforms for NSW workers

City rail employees have to wear the uniforms. If they think, for example,  the male shirt, like a footy shirt (lycra and clingy) would be hot, sweaty and uncomfortable in summer then it probably will be. Some staff testing the shirts have developed a rash.

Not an option for them to supply their own.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

City rail employees have to wear the uniforms. If they think, for example,  the male shirt, like a footy shirt (lycra and clingy) would be hot, sweaty and uncomfortable in summer then it probably will be. Some staff testing the shirts have developed a rash.

Not an option for them to supply their own.

If they think it is hot and clingy - lose some weight and buy some calamine lotion.

Just appreciate you have been given a uniform, some people don't even have enough money to buy any clothes, whingers.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

Women wear pants and skirts, while male rail employees are no longer allowed to wear shorts.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/all-together-now-sydneys-public-transport-united-under-one-brand-20130418-...

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

They don't look very nice and they are being forced to wear trousers in Summer.  They currently have a choice to wear trousers or shorts.

Newstart2380 - My message - get over it , if you don't want to wear what is supplied FREE then you have 2 options, supply your own or get another job, sheeeesh what do people want ?

Your comment sounds like it is made by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about or just looking for a topic to post about.

Happy Braff, Happy Braff
JUST CALL ME BRAFF
Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

I would not wear a polyester shirt/blouse in the summer. I don't expect anyone else to either.

The staff are outside most of the time.

They had a uniform, it has been changed for the worse. Not their choice to change it.

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

Agree with braff, especially the last paragraph.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

They don't look very nice and they are being forced to wear trousers in Summer.  They currently have a choice to wear trousers or shorts.

Newstart2380 - My message - get over it , if you don't want to wear what is supplied FREE then you have 2 options, supply your own or get another job, sheeeesh what do people want ?

Your comment sounds like it is made by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about or just looking for a topic to post about.

I won't bite, just posting my opinion and they should appreciate wheat they are given for FREE.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

It's cheaper to supply them with King Gee or Hard Yakka clothing whether they complain about it or not. 

If they say they don't want to wear anything that's made in Asia they'll be naked.

TCT
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Uniforms for NSW workers

Agree with braff, especially the last paragraph.

obviously you work for or have family that work for the NSW rail.

I stand by my opinion, appreciate what is given you or take the other option, there are plenty of people out there looking for work who would appreciate the job and gladly wear was is supplied, they are whinging about very little but then some people just have to whinge about something.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply