WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

I recently stumbled across WORDLE online.  For the uninitiated, it is a daily word guessing game where you have to try to guess the word in 6 or less tries.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This, from Wikipedia, explains the game:

Every day, a five-letter word is chosen which players aim to guess within six tries. After every guess, each letter is marked as either green, yellow or gray: green indicates that letter is correct and in the correct position, yellow means it is in the answer but not in the right position, while gray indicates it is not in the answer at all. The game has a "hard mode" option, which requires players to include letters marked as green and yellow in subsequent guesses. The daily word is the same for everyone. The game also has a dark mode as well as a high-contrast theme for colourblind accessibility, which changes the color scheme from green and yellow to orange and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordle

This abc news story has some tips for playing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-26/why-wordle-has-become-a-new-online-obsession/100782794

I have found that most that most days I can get the daily word in 5 tries or less (mostly 5 though).  Interestingly, there is a spinoff of WORDLE called LEWDLE, where the words are lewd, or naughty, words.  I have better success with LEWDLE than I do with WORDLE . . . getting the word in just 2 or 3 attempts.  Not sure what that says about my private school education 🤣

Message 1 of 4,948
Latest reply
4,947 REPLIES 4,947

Re: WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

Wordle 589 4/6

🟨🟨

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Message 2741 of 4,948
Latest reply

Daily Dordle 0370 4&5/7
🟩 🟨
🟨🟨 🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

I felt lucky to get that second word, but after seeing a particular letter in yellow both at the end and in second spot, I decided on a word to try it in first and third spot.

Message 2742 of 4,948
Latest reply

Daily Quordle 370
8️⃣6️⃣
9️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟨🟨 🟨🟨
🟨 🟨
🟨 🟨
🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨 🟨
🟨
🟨
🟨 🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bottom left was the hardest for me. 

I haven't done octordle yet but will take on board your advice to be careful.

You know me though, I sometimes get carried away and jump in where angels wouldn't.😁

Message 2743 of 4,948
Latest reply

Daily Octordle #370
4️⃣7️⃣
🕚8️⃣
🔟9️⃣
3️⃣🕛
Score: 64

Got there eventually!

PS I did make a couple of wrong moves on #6. I had the last 3 letters in place plus I knew one other letter so I thought I'd have a try!

Message 2744 of 4,948
Latest reply

Wordle 590 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first word gave me a bit of a start, so I ran with those letters.

Message 2745 of 4,948
Latest reply

Daily Octordle #371
8️⃣🔟
6️⃣5️⃣
4️⃣🕚
9️⃣3️⃣
Score: 56

Wasn't going to bother putting any of the other results up but can't resist with this one. 

56!! I know for countess, this would be a bad day 😀 but it had me doing a  little happy dance. Anything under 60 is exciting for me.😊

Message 2746 of 4,948
Latest reply

Wordle 589 3/6

🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterdays. I had pasted the game, but for some reason hadn't posted it. I had a real fishy feeling after that one.

Now, onto todays!

Message 2747 of 4,948
Latest reply

I can't post today's game! It tells me there is something wrong. Not with this site. There is no option to share the results.

I GOT IT IN 2!!! Pure luck but I wanted to share. Alas, I can't. I could do a screenshot, but that would give it away.

Tomorrow is another day.

Message 2748 of 4,948
Latest reply

sons_and_daughters_0-1675039906833.png

Look, no option to share the results! Never had that before.

Message 2749 of 4,948
Latest reply

Which browser are you using, s&d?

Message 2750 of 4,948
Latest reply