Wake up to the Greens Eco Terrorism

silverfaun
Community Member

At last an article on just how poisonous the Greens, are along with the many NGO travellers. I have been posting articles revealing their agenda for a while now especially the disaster they wreaked on labor.

The reality is they are more about blackmail and extortion. 

THE current strategy of the environmental movement is crystal clear: if it can’t win support at the ballot box, other tactics must be used to accomplish its aims.

Nothing wrong with a bit of blackmail, extortion, misinformation, media manipulation, cynical alliance-building — if any of these tricks allows the greenies to fulfil their objectives then the ends will justify the means. Let us first consider the electoral slump that has beset the Greens.

Take the recent Tasmanian election, the traditional heartland of the Greens. There was a swing of 8 per cent against the Greens and the number of seats held in the parliament fell from five to three. The swing against the Greens parliamentary leader, Nick McKim, was even greater, at 10 per cent.

This follows some very significant swings against the Greens in other elections. There was a 4.6 per cent against the Greens in the ACT election and a 3.3 per cent swing against the party in the federal election last year. Nationally, the Greens secured only 8.5 per cent of the vote.

This electoral trend against green parties has been mirrored in other parts of the world.

On the face of it, it would seem that the peak of the electoral support for green parties has been reached and it is downhill from now on. Electors are more interested in mainstream parties that focus on ordinary citizens and practical solutions.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/stop-giving-the-eco-terrorists-free-range-to-bull...

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

wake up to the fact that science backs them up. wake up to the fact that there is no corruption in the green party. wake up to the fact that an inordinate amount of time is spent trying to discredit the greens by coal and other energy lobby groups some disguised as 'journalists'

the green vote federally is on an upward trend as people can see the climate outcomes for themselves. .

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Maules Creek mine protesters arrested, including 92-year-old war veteran

Bill Ryan, who served in Kokoda in the second world war, is one of about 30 people arrested at the Whitehaven Coal mine

Maules Creek

Protesters oppose clearing part of the Leard State Forest for the new $767m mine near Boggabri. Photograph: Greenpeace

A 92-year-old war veteran has been arrested during a protest at a mine development site in NSW's northwest.

Bill Ryan, who served in Kokoda during the second world war, is one of about 30 people arrested at Whitehaven Coal's Maules Creek operation on Monday.

Protesters oppose clearing part of the Leard State Forest for the new $767m mine near Boggabri.

More than 150 people were peacefully protesting, said Greenpeace spokeswoman Julie Macken, who was also arrested, and speaking from the back of a police van. Police were in the process of arresting everyone on the site, she said.

“We arrived early and everyone just basically sat on the machines,” Macken said. Police then arrived and started arresting people for trespassing, and for entering an enclosed area, she said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/31/maules-creek-mine-protesters-arrested-including-92-year...

they had read the reports about the dangers .These Aussies love Australia.

Good on you Bill and everyone there.You are true Aussie heros

Shame on our Government

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The opinion piece in the op is soooo obviously an April Fools joke.Woman LOL

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

The Maules Creek Community Council (MCCC)

Formed on the 25th of July 2010 at a community meeting to address the concerns of residents regarding the coal and gas developments in the local area.

Leard State Forest and surrounding farmlands, near Narrabri, are threatened by proposals for three new or expanded open-cut coal mines.

Together they will form a mega mine-complex that will clear at least 5,000ha of land and produce 23 million tonnes of coal each year.  It is estimated that the mines will collectively result in 18,000 tonnes of dust landing on adjoining farmland.

The mines represent an enormous threat to the critically endangered forest, the health of the local community, and the future of our climate.

The forest is home to the Koala and the Masked Owl and the farmland of Maules Ck to the north is productive grazing country on the rich, deep soils of the northern Liverpool Plains.

Conservation and farming have reached a kind of equilibrium here that will be totally destroyed by open-cut coal mining.  Our quiet rural community will be transformed into a gigantic industrial zone.

http://www.maulescreek.org/

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

A lot of their "projects" are only backed by science in the principal not in the application.

They have to be a bit thick as when they are looking for votes they ram their opinions down 

your throat and if you have the audacity to not completely agree with them they then rant on

about how stupid or selfish or greedy or uncaring you are. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

The opinion piece in the op is soooo obviously an April Fools joke.Woman LOL

wishful thinking.Australia voted in this Government based on opinions and illusions

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I just found the site and the pics I was looking for .Mentions the report

Over 100 take on Maules Creek mine in historic action
Maules Creek, Monday 31st March 2014

In an unprecedented act, over 80 people have walked onto the controversial Maules Creek mine site today and immobilised machines, intending to stay in place for as long as possible. They are calling upon Environment Minister Greg Hunt to revoke federal approval for the project, in light of the second part of the alarming IPCC report released today which details oncoming ecological disaster for Australia.

http://leardstateforest.com/post/81220634927/over-100-take-on-maules-creek-mine-in-historic

"We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other, and fight to defend our rights and liberties" 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

yes and maybe the earth is flat and moses parted the sea and noah built an ark and.....................

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply