We are headed for a recession

Our present govt is deliberately killing off jobs and deliberately fobbing off investment into renewable Energy.

What a great Adult Government

beast ids

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Called our local GIO today.

Recorded message "we have ceased trading please call our call centre"

banks and insurance companies have been "downsizing" for the last couple of years with more to come. still, we always have those 1 million jobs promised by the abbott to look forward to and don't forget all the riches that will flow forth now the carbon price has gone.....waiting.....waiting......

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Woman LOLyes of course i forgot - It's all Labors Fault - how could I have forgotten, although I do suggest you check those "facts" UFOinvestigations.

It's raining - It's Labors fault.

I fell down the stairs - It's all Labors fault

Obese? - It's all Labors fault.

Too Thin? - It's all Labors fault.

Corby's boyfriend arrested - Clearly Labors fault. 

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

please go to post # 2160

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt. for more............

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Some people say that the reason that Australia did so well during the global financial crisis was because most Australians don't know how bad a depression can be and we just kept on spending.  Especially the young.

Possibly it's true that you have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Joono
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Trust me it is going to be bad for anyone who has debts, no job or loses their job/s. There is no job creation happening is there?

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Woman LOLwere those people comedians Joono, we kept spending because the Govt spent, if they had of followed other countries that cut spending and started slashing welfare etc we would have been in the same position as the rest, who still have not recovered and whose govts are still continuing with their austerity programmes.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

yes....and it has been proved by other countries doing the austerity 'thung' that it does not work.

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for budgeting at home....but running a govt spending account is a different game.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

wonder how we are going to pay to follow the US into yet another war? what about the budgie emergency and the debt blow out, what about the kiddies and the big bad debt. 

One of the best articles I have read recently in the msm,

When the Minister for Finance, Mathias Cormann, speaks of $667 billion in government debt supposedly left by profligate Labor as a burden to future generations, it seemed a terrible sum. But yesterday I heard another government spokesman describe the same sum as "$25,000 for every man, woman and child in Australia" and it did not seem such an intolerable burden. It's probably less than the extra debt willed upon university students by the Christopher Pyne plan for "freeing up" universities.

A good deal less too than the annual effective appropriation of money to cover the superannuation cost of each Commonwealth judge or magistrate, or politician, or than is spent by taxpayers each year, chiefly from Commonwealth sources, on each man, woman and child, white or black, in the Northern Territory.

If one considered such sums not as mere recurrent expenditure, and not as mere debt, but as an investment in the well being of every citizen in team Australia, it might indeed seem a somewhat trifling sum. The more so given the advantages that are being bequeathed on the next generations, assuming that they are not all incinerated in some jihadist conflagration brought on by our will for war on the other side of the planet.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/comment/looking-back-in-horror-is-not-working-for-abbott-20140826-10...

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, this budget is killing our economy.  This morning I had to go to Frankston, place I normally would not go Friday because it gets too busy, and it is hard to park near where I need to go, but I had a small disaster and had to get something or I could not do what I wanted to do. 

To my surprise there were several parking spots in the 1 hour free parking area, which is the most convenient place to park, and normally, if you wish to park there, you can join th throng of cars driving round the block hoping to snatch a parking spot.  Then I was shocked that there were several empty shops, where only few weeks ago were businesses that were there for many years and obviously striving.  After I got my art supplies that I went there for, I visited several other shops, all were more or less empty; no customers and no staff to speak of.  That was about 10 - 10.30 Friday.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

Yes, this budget is killing our economy.  This morning I had to go to Frankston, place I normally would not go Friday because it gets too busy, and it is hard to park near where I need to go, but I had a small disaster and had to get something or I could not do what I wanted to do. 

To my surprise there were several parking spots in the 1 hour free parking area, which is the most convenient place to park, and normally, if you wish to park there, you can join th throng of cars driving round the block hoping to snatch a parking spot.  Then I was shocked that there were several empty shops, where only few weeks ago were businesses that were there for many years and obviously striving.  After I got my art supplies that I went there for, I visited several other shops, all were more or less empty; no customers and no staff to speak of.  That was about 10 - 10.30 Friday.

Yes, I always avoid Garden City at Mt Gravatt for the same reason. This morning, more empty spaces for cars than ever and the food court all but empty at 12md

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply