Wedding Etiquette

Haven't been to a wedding for a few years (all our friends are married/not getting married/divorced etc) recieved one yesterday for the daughter of friends.

Anyway, is it usual these days to put BSB/Account details on the card that says there will be a wishing well?

Fair enough (much as I dislike the lack of personal touch in a money gift) I've gotten used to wishing wells, especially for couples who have been together for a long time, I don't even mind putting money toward their honeymoon, but to turn it into a bank transaction goes too far for me.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Wedding Etiquette

that's original.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

Can't say I've ever heard of it but to be honest I'd decline to do so and just give the physical money.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

I've never seen it before either, just came across as a little "in your face" 

At least there wasn'tone of those carpy poems about the wishing well I guess.

Bonus is if you forget to go to the atm before the wedding you could just do an online transfer I guess.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

**meep**
Community Member

๐Ÿ˜ฎ   No, and i have been to a couple of weddings recently.  

hmm.....well......after the initial reaction, now i think that it would be convenient!   Just do an online bank transfer and its done!  yes, why not.....They would need to have online banking though, i would not want to go into a bank to make a deposit.   I think PayPal is the way to go.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

**meep**
Community Member

Ha!  After a quick google, it appears that it is actually not that uncommon.  If you are going to give money, does it really matter if its cash or a bank deposit? 

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

**meep**
Community Member

I suppose you could use Best Wishes as the transaction reference....Would you  bother with a card?

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

lis351
Community Member

TBH I think it's tacky. Or maybe it's just technologically sound and I'm behind. Dunno, but I don't like it. I'm going to 2 weddings next month, one of them Hubs doesn't even want to give them money, just a card, been together 20 years and quite well off.

I don't think I would be doin the bank transfer thing.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

give them a toaster ]:)

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

Wedding Etiquette

give them a toaster

Haha, went to a wedding a few years ago and did just that, put the Bunnings vouchers inside.

The friends who got married rand us the next day to say how funny they thought it was and i had to tell them to check inside the toaster for the giftcards

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply