Weekly Photo Challenge: Theme is 'A Treasured Gift'

Every one is welcome. Please vote even if you don't post a picture.

RULES

1) you must have proprietary rights to the photo. If it was taken by someone other than you, please add a footnote/disclaimer

2) you may enter as many photos as you like

3) photos can be digitally enhanced

4) weekly winner is chosen by kudos votes

5) winner chooses the next weeks prompt/theme

6) winner announced Monday night 30th December

7) include caption or description of photo to identify the Prompt  (if it's not easily identifiable)

😎 PLAY NICELY

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

I don't have a pic, but I have very troubled daughter and for Christmas I have bought her a silver starter Pandora bracelet with one fixed bead, Stars for Christmas. I hope one day, even if just next year it will be treasured.

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

This is a gift as far as I am concerned.  It was something that I just got used to seeing in my parent's home growing up, then in my Dad's home and now this year,  it is in my home.  

It is a piece of rock.  It is from the white cliffs of Dover.

white cliffs.JPG

Joono
Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

This belonged to my Nana who gave it to my mum. I went through a bit of a hard time recently and my mum wanted me to help, so she gave me this. Its a Coober Pedy opal and my nana designed the ring. The opal was given to her by friends as a rough cut. 

It is a treasured gift as it was given to me during such a rough patch. I now have a little bit of Nana with me♥

Opals are so hard to photograph with an ipod

IMG_1259[1].JPG

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Ohhhh, Chuk, I lived and mined in Coober Pedy in the early 1960s. Your lovely ring brings back fond memories.

Joono, what a treasured piece your rock is.

I won'r have time to ost anything today. Christmas Eve celebrations, but tomorrow I'll have a quiet day.

Erica

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

IMGP2909.JPG

acacia send that to me when I was still in germany.

the other thing i treasure is the stove he bought for me even though the old one was still working but it's dirty and i can't make a picture of it.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

treasured.jpg

My dad didn't buy many gifts himself, he mostly left it up to mum but not long before he died, he gave me these two little ceramic turtles (I collect them) and I treasure them dearly, they've travelled everywhere with me for 17 years.Heart

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

Hi tende, I read you're no longer sailing around ?  I remember ages ago, you told me about the land at Mt Perry, have you built a home and living there?  I can see Mt Perry from my deck !

Hmm, OH just told me it isn't Mt Perry, it's Mt Maria lol close !!

anyway, have a great christmas xx

(sorry for off topic)

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

presents 002.JPG

This time 3 years ago I found myself in the depths of despair and grief. I'd just found out my husband was cheating on me and my dad was dying of cancer.  3 weeks after the ex finally moved out my dad died.

These are just some of the wonderful and amazing gifts and cards that arrived from the people of CS. There is also my teddy bear, my beautiful cushion, little Buddha, my blessed by a Buddhist monk white scarf and my hand carved elephant. I can't explain enough how much the love and support I received kept my head above water during that time. I held on tightly until I had the strength to stand on my own.

These are some of my most treasured gifts. Heart

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Hey Soul, Lol @ Mt Maria.

We still have the land at Mt Perry, flattened an area to build but we aren't living there.

We have a house and live a little bit further South in Qld than that.

Next time we're at Mt Perry I'll have to give you a shout.

Have a great Christmas too xx

(also sorry for off topic)

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply