What A Pathetic Marketing Ploy

Have you seen the new SPC ad for their new veg baked beans?

"Got a happy little human being who won’t eat their veggies?

Outsneak them thanks to new 100% Aussie made SPC Baked Beans and Spaghetti - with a serve of nutritious veggies hiding in the sauce.

Our new SPC Sneaky Veg range puts you one step ahead at the kitchen table with a serve of veg that can’t be seen, making sure your kids stay as happy little human beings."

http://spcardmona.com.au/healthy-brands/spc

How much nutrition are kids going to get out of those those veges mushed in with baked beans?

Oh well I guess I just gave them some free advertising, lol

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Umm, baked beans are vegetables.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Sneaky veges with  sneaky sugar in the sauce.

DEB

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

The only way to have beans is to soak them yourself. The tinned variety is full of salt and who knows what else.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Reminds me of the Reagan Administration.........they tried to claim ketchup was the equivalent of a serving of veggies..........

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

anything in a can or a packet is loaded with sugar and salt.
Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

I had a post ready to go and lost it. Probably just as well, cause it was written in anger. 

I live where SPC products are produced.  Thousands of jobs depend on SPC staying afloat. Baked beans are nutritious and full of fibre. Hardly rubbish. The beans are grown in Australia not dredged up overseas somewhere. Come on give aussies growers and manufacturing employees a break.

(All Australian baked beans are supplied by growers in Kingaroy, Queensland and as far north as Cape York to down south near Shepparton.)

SPC donate a huge amount of product to Foodbank each year. 

Check out spcardmona.com.au for info relating to quality control and nutrition.

No I don't work for them. lol. However spc have been around almost 100 years and I would kinda like them to continue.

Won't be long before we struggle to buy Australian product. 

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

Yep, we eat SPC baked beans. The kids love them.  I think the salts and sugars have been reduced somewhat compared to the old times, before people got so concerned about the nutritional value. 

It's an outrage SPC want to advertise the vege value and an outrage when they look like closing because it's hard to compete with imported products.  Homebrand baked beans are from Italy at the moment.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

I do not eat many thing from can; sometimes I put some can tomatoes into a stew.  Nothing from can is "full of goodness" , anything processed loses nutrients.  Processed foods are the major cause of the obesity epidemic and all the diseases that come with it , such as diabetes.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

There are reduced salt baked beans now. Baked Beans are low in saturated fat, provide fibre, source of iron, as a vegetable contain no cholesterol, low GI.

Sugars 4.6g 420g can (Heinz)

Coca Cola 39g 355ml can
Message 10 of 36
Latest reply