What A Pathetic Marketing Ploy

Have you seen the new SPC ad for their new veg baked beans?

"Got a happy little human being who won’t eat their veggies?

Outsneak them thanks to new 100% Aussie made SPC Baked Beans and Spaghetti - with a serve of nutritious veggies hiding in the sauce.

Our new SPC Sneaky Veg range puts you one step ahead at the kitchen table with a serve of veg that can’t be seen, making sure your kids stay as happy little human beings."

http://spcardmona.com.au/healthy-brands/spc

How much nutrition are kids going to get out of those those veges mushed in with baked beans?

Oh well I guess I just gave them some free advertising, lol

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: What A Pathetic Marketing Ploy

Low in sugar.. lower in salt ... that ad says (video clip posted earlier)

The sugar is low compared to a can of coke!

Kids could have baked beans for lunch ocassionally and meat & vege for dinner.

Kids will probably notice the difference in taste from their usual baked beans to the ones with new vege sauce though.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

Me neither.

I have a 12 year old who is a very fussy eater who would happily live on baked beans if she had a choice.

The SPC ones are Australian and the sugar content is less than what she would get from a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

If they have added some extra veges to the sauce, then I applaud them lol!

I guess you and Lyndal will be buying up big then.

SPC will be pleased I gave them free word of mouth advertising, lol.

My way of supporting Aus industry!

No Icy, I won't be rushing out to buy the new baked beans.

The non vege eating daughter I mentioned is 41 years old and has teenage daughters of her own....and she is very glad they are more adventurous eaters than she was.  Both the girls love my bol sauce with veges and there are baked beans in their pantry as well as we are all rather partial to baked bean jaffles for a quick and easy snack.  I rather enjoy a BB jaffle for lunch on a cold day....hot, tasty and filling and very quick and easy.

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Low in sugar.. lower in salt ... that ad says (video clip posted earlier)

The sugar is low compared to a can of coke!

Cat LOL   That is absolutely hilarious!    No wonder Australians have problem with diabetes.

I love baked beans, and bean salads, and beans in all sorts of soups and casseroles.  BUT soak and cook them myself , and they all have totally different taste & texture than the soft slimy stuff that comes from cans, which now has "less" salt and "less" sugar and that means it is not as bad as it used to be, BUT that does not mean it is good.  And when the salt and sugar content is reduced I wonder what is put there instead.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

Why is it hilarious? 4.4g sugar in a 420gcan. Not going to get diabetes from that.

No one in this thread is suggesting kids should eat 420g cans each of baked beans everyday.

A parent could let their child snack on a small can of baked beans OR chips, coke, pizza (high in fat and/or sugar)

When do parents who both work have time to make their own baked beans? That suggestion is hilarious.

People suggesting that in this thread don't have children nor do they do paid work..time rich.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

What is hilarious is that can of coke is set as a comparison. 

It really does not take that long to cook a meal.  My mother worked full time and cooked a meal every night.  And did not have an automatic washing machine or drier, dishwasher was unheard of  ............  and had to do all her shopping on the way from work without a car.

I worked or ran a business when my daughter was little, and I also cooked evry day using all fresh ingredients.  My daughter works and is involved with various community projects, and sits on various committees, and has 3 y.o. child, and they also eat fresh home cooked meals.  Although her husband helps.

Once beans are soaked it really does not take very much effort to cook them. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

I just did a quick search re spc baked beans flavouring. It is natural flavouring - clove pimento and onion. 🙂

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply