What is it with young Aussie tennis players?

I'm over this bratty behaviour.

Lleyton Hewitt was a brat
Mark Philippoussis was a brat
Bernard Tomic has been a brat
Nick Kyrgios is a brat

I think any young tennis players with potential should be sent to Sweden for their formative years so they can learn to behave like Rodger Federer ๐Ÿ˜œ

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: What is it with young Aussie tennis players?

Woman LOL

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

It goes back to the basics - like a lot of aspects of sport.

These temper tantrums, talking back, etc. have all been accepted as part of their training through the years leading up to the "Top".  They are disciplined enough to practice, practice, practice in the physical sport, they should be disciplined enough to temper their emotions or utilize that pent-up energy for the game itself.

And think, what actions do these people undertake when they can't control their temper in domestic situations.

DEB

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Agree, players such as Edberg, Lendl, Borg, Sampras, Navratilova, Graff, the list goes on, were all repeatedly great tennis players.

I think it is often that control or composure that teaches a player to move on from adversity.

I often say, negative thought or reactions bring imbalance in a person.

image host
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

So would you advocate for players of other sports, Rugby League or AFL for example, regularly berating the referee or umpire and refusing to play any further until they got their way? They would be sent off the field and probably hit with a heavy fine and/or suspension.
I love to watch tennis for the beauty and power and skill of play, not some nonsense little temper tantrum.

How about the re-climbing the fence incident after being told by officials to get down? Any other patron would have been booted out of the precinct.
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Smiley Indifferent

i think that's crossing the line

NICK Kyrgios has taken his bad boy antics to a new level, delivering a stunning on-court sledge to Stan Wawrinka by telling the Swiss star fellow Australian player Thanasi Kokkinakis slept with his girlfriend.

Shortly after losing the first set in Thursdayโ€™s match at the Montreal Masters, Kyrgios is heard delivering this scathing comment to the two-time grand slam winner and world No.5: โ€œKokkinakis banged your girlfriend, sorry to tell you that mate.โ€

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/nick-kyrgios-delivers-brutal-sledge-to-stan-wawrinka-claiming-tha...

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

" that grunting Russian female Sharapova. Fancy sitting in the crowd listening to her grunt her way through a tennis match."

I dream of it constantly. ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

Back to Nick, that is just low and I am no longer interested in following his progress.

I've said it before, "Grow up the lot of you" (Badly behaving sports people).

image host
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I think Nick has crossed the line and shouldn't be able to represent Australia until he learns some manners.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

There is no place for this type of disrespect towards another player, and has now brought the very game into lack of respect. Come on Nick;s parents, do what Tennis Australia cannot do, ....bring your son and family name back into line. GROW UP NICK, OR GO AWAY !!!
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

We read about it on page one, or page 21 in the Court Lists.
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply