11 REPLIES 11

What the......!

Smiley LOLLinda. Don't panic.  Dad's Army has the situation under control.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

We were leaving West Wyalong last year on our way to the Adelaide Arts Festival and that stuff was a good two metres high over the highway. Fortunately 2 hairy panic officers were on duty with the stop/go signs.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

Amazing, has it ever happened before?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

The stuff is a real pain as it only needs a slight wind to push it along and bury itself in all available space.

We now have all lot of that around Yarra as well as paddocks weren't cut early enough last year,(so it's now

seeded itself in a lot of areas because those tumbleweed carry their seeds).

You do spend hours getting rid of the stuff as you have to "crush" it so that you can pick it up and bin it,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Some people just "sweep" or blow it out and they actually make the problem worse as it then gets back into

the paddocks and it seeds more of the garbage for next time,shok.gif

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

Never heard of it before but i can imagine what problems it must cause especially with the reseeding.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

I wonder if some horticultural information was taken too literally.  

i.e. anything growing is better than nothing growing in a field, to prevent erosion.

BTW the Hay plains is the only place I've ever seen a curved horizon

DEB

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

That's possible, it wouldn't be the first time that kind of mistake has been made.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

What with man eating sharks, carniverous crocs, poisonous spiders and reptiles, kicking kangaroos, ferocious koala bears, and now rampant vegetation, it's a wonder you people aren't frightened to get out of bed of a morning. 

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2013/03/australias-dangerous-animals-the-top-...

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

What the......!

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

What with man eating sharks, carniverous crocs, poisonous spiders and reptiles, kicking kangaroos, ferocious koala bears, and now rampant vegetation, it's a wonder you people aren't frightened to get out of bed of a morning. 

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2013/03/australias-dangerous-animals-the-top-...

It's a challenge electric. Makes life interesting. BTW you left raining spiders off your list. I would rather the tumbleweed than the spiders dropping from the skies. 😂

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply