What would you do? Bikers vs SUV

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/new-york-bikers-road-rage-video/

The New York City Police Department said a man driving a Range Rover with his wife and 2-year-old daughter inside Sunday struck a motorcyclist on Manhattan's West Side Highway, breaking his leg.

The SUV driver pulled over, and the bikers surrounded his vehicle, hitting it and spiking the tires, police said. The driver pulled away, hitting three more bikers in the process, police said.

Should the driver in the SUV be charged?

What do you think of bikers?

What would you have done if you were the driver in the SUV?

Message 1 of 186
Latest reply
185 REPLIES 185

Re: What would you do? Bikers vs SUV

@**freethinker_bob** wrote:

I wonder how this would affect the case legally.

The biker that got ran over is attempt to sue. Here is his record:

Edwin E. Mieses, 26, of 17 Bernard Ave., Nov. 28, charged
with
operating a motor vehicle after license was revoked,
illegal
possession of a Class D narcotic, operating a motor vehicle
with
defective equipment and on five outstanding warrants;
Arrested Again
in May, Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16
times, in Lawrence,
Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire,
according to registry
records.
In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register
that
Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive
in
Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

Doesn't strike me as model citizen just minding his business and if he didn't go on the rode since he has been banned than this wouldn't have happened to him.

And his victim, is a successful business man driving a Range Rover, taking his family out for the day.

This might wake some of the bikers up.  Meep posted footage of them driving up footpaths, running lights, up between cars and

disregarding all road rules.

Try to play road games.......... and the law is not on your side.

I have no sympathy for these bikers.  They are reaping what they sowed.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 181 of 186
Latest reply

I'm not sure what I would do if I found myself in a similar situation to that family, but there was a 2 year old child in the car. I do know that I would do absolutely anything I had to do to protect that child from those bullies
Message 182 of 186
Latest reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uAnFfX7gU

Christopher Cruz interview. How dumb does he think we are? How dumb is the lawyer if he actually believes in his client? Bet  Cruz is hating the biker who film it. He would've had a great case if there was no footage of the incident. 

Message 183 of 186
Latest reply

@**freethinker_bob** wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uAnFfX7gU

Christopher Cruz interview. How dumb does he think we are? How dumb is the lawyer if he actually believes in his client? Bet  Cruz is hating the biker who film it. He would've had a great case if there was no footage of the incident. 

The biker who started it all.........yep!  

Message 184 of 186
Latest reply

More shocking details have also emerged in the story. Good Samaritan Sergio Consuegra, who intervened in the assault of the SUV driver Alexian Lien, told ABC one of the bikers also attacked Lien's wife, Rosalyn Ng, "grabbing her by the arms, real hard" until bystanders yelled at him to stop.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/christopher-cruz-nyc-suv-assault-rosalyn-lien-_n_4057279.ht...

Message 185 of 186
Latest reply

I know that this is an old post, but that is actually MY patch and ME holding it?

Norm Saliba

Treasurer
GSCMC Melbourne
Message 186 of 186
Latest reply