When not to chase skirt

Turnbull Government ministry in upheaval over resignation of Jamie Briggs

THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

Revealing his resignation, Mr Briggs said his behaviour had not met the “particularly high standards required of ministers”.

The Advertiser understands the allegations raised by the female public servant involve three different acts by Mr Briggs, who was at the bar with her and his chief-of-staff Stuart Eaton.

It is understood Mr Briggs told her she had piercing eyes, then later put his arm around her. As the trio was leaving, Mr Briggs gave the female public servant a kiss on the cheek.

It is understood the public servant raised the issue within her department three days later, then sent a formal complaint email several days after that

It is also understood that no further action on the complaint will be taken, following Mr Briggs’ resignation.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/south-australian-liberal-jamie-briggs-quits-as-citie...

There is only one safe place for this sort of carry-on. It's best to keep a very low profile and remain well behaved to guarantee that those who provide the 'service' don't kiss and tell.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: When not to chase skirt

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

But he wasn't in a brothel, he was in a bar, and the woman involved wasn't a prostitute, she was a junior colleague. and as far as I know he hasn't apologised to her, just whined about how 'difficult' this has been for him.

Well done. You must have read the story.

What I'm saying is if a male can't control his carnal desires, if he has the urge to do the business, he should visit a brothel. He should not hit on a female staffer (perhaps a DFAT staffer). He should assume a low profile and rely on a cab to and from the brothel. He should remain under the radar and not draw attention to himself. Had this boofhead done that we wouldn't have heard about his trip to Honkers.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

It's best to keep a very low profile and remain well behaved to guarantee that those who provide the 'service' don't kiss and tell.

So she was "up for it" was she? Well of course she was. she must have been. She's a woman.

I'll give your post the treatment now.

Are you saying that some women are up for it? What of those that aren't? What is their hangup? Are you suggesting that men can't be up for it based on the fact they are male? How do you tell who is up for it and who isn't?

See, I can play silly bug gers as well.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@village_person wrote:

But he wasn't in a brothel, he was in a bar, and the woman involved wasn't a prostitute, she was a junior colleague. and as far as I know he hasn't apologised to her, just whined about how 'difficult' this has been for him.

Well done. You must have read the story.

What I'm saying is if a male can't control his carnal desires, if he has the urge to do the business, he should visit a brothel. He should not hit on a female staffer (perhaps a DFAT staffer). He should assume a low profile and rely on a cab to and from the brothel. He should remain under the radar and not draw attention to himself. Had this boofhead done that we wouldn't have heard about his trip to Honkers.

We all read what you wrote, but it seems you were the only one who knew what you meant.  I don't think anyone - including you - had any trouble understanding what I meant by my comment.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

OMG what a vile lecher, he complimented her on her eyes and pecked her on the cheek. Good riddance to him and while everybody is on the outrage bus why don't we attack Shorten for his acts against women.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Mr Briggs sounds like a sleazebag so good riddance to him.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Dj you obviously haven't held a job since the 1980's. What he did is called sexual harassment. Pure and simple. This overpaid peanut obviously isn't pure but he is simple.
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply