When not to chase skirt

Turnbull Government ministry in upheaval over resignation of Jamie Briggs

THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

Revealing his resignation, Mr Briggs said his behaviour had not met the “particularly high standards required of ministers”.

The Advertiser understands the allegations raised by the female public servant involve three different acts by Mr Briggs, who was at the bar with her and his chief-of-staff Stuart Eaton.

It is understood Mr Briggs told her she had piercing eyes, then later put his arm around her. As the trio was leaving, Mr Briggs gave the female public servant a kiss on the cheek.

It is understood the public servant raised the issue within her department three days later, then sent a formal complaint email several days after that

It is also understood that no further action on the complaint will be taken, following Mr Briggs’ resignation.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/south-australian-liberal-jamie-briggs-quits-as-citie...

There is only one safe place for this sort of carry-on. It's best to keep a very low profile and remain well behaved to guarantee that those who provide the 'service' don't kiss and tell.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

When not to chase skirt

It's best to keep a very low profile and remain well behaved to guarantee that those who provide the 'service' don't kiss and tell.

So she was "up for it" was she? Well of course she was. she must have been. She's a woman.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

Photobucket
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

It's best to keep a very low profile and remain well behaved to guarantee that those who provide the 'service' don't kiss and tell.

So she was "up for it" was she? Well of course she was. she must have been. She's a woman.

I'm talking about a brothel. Those who reside in a brothel are "up for it" to be sure. Just ask Craig, our very own brothel inspector.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

What a surprise that both stories, coincidentally, were released on what would otherwise be a slow, middle of the holidays, nobody reads the news, day...

Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

But he wasn't in a brothel, he was in a bar, and the woman involved wasn't a prostitute, she was a junior colleague. and as far as I know he hasn't apologised to her, just whined about how 'difficult' this has been for him.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

have you even read or heard it properly Village Person??

he said.

.MY Chief of Staff and I went out for dinner, we invited several other officials of which one female public servant agreed to attend and then we continued on to a bar

how do you  get a brothel out of that??

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

what are you inferring VP? Does he have 'form'?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

When news broke of Jamie Briggs' resignation from the front bench after an unseemly incident in a Hong Kong bar, there was sympathy from some colleagues. But not surprise.

"He is a loose cannon on the grog," one Liberal MP said. "It was always a question of whether he would work his way out of it before it got him into trouble."

In September, the day after Malcolm Turnbull rolled Tony Abbott as leader, Briggs was filmed being pushed into a party room meeting in a wheelchair. When rumours emerged that Briggs had injured himself dancing on a marble table in a ministerial suite, his spokesman said he had "seriously injured his leg while on a run this morning".

Briggs, 38, later conceded he hurt his leg during "high jinks with the former prime minister" on the night of the spill.

"Look, I went to tackle him; I ran at him and missed and the rest is history," he said. "I then limped back to my office and licked my wounds."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/jamie-briggs-an-ambitious-mp-who-overstepped-t...
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

When not to chase skirt

Thanks she el....different 'form'....but still 'form'...gather he was 'pushed'
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply