Where is Margie?

Where is Australia's First Lady? I'm worried she appears to be missing and failing in her responsibilities.

There is nothing in the news about her.

No google image results from 2014

Nothing on her bio page

Does anyone know where she is?
Message 1 of 155
Latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: Where is Margie?

It is odd.

I have done some (Google) research and it seems the last time she was at a function with the PM was for Apec in October. That's an awfully long time to be out of the spotlight given her position.

She didn't accompany her husband to Davos in January. Which is doubly odd given that her daughter lives in Switzerland.

And whilst I appreciate that she has her own business or that she may dislike the attention, I think the role of a PMs partner is to provide support for the leaders and that includes attending state functions. Even someone like Janette Howard who absolutely hated the limelight openly supported her husband in his role. And Therese Rein did too even though her business was a demanding one.

Message 121 of 155
Latest reply

Am - Bronagh Keys is often photographed at her husbands side.

But she also has young children to take care of so travelling would be an issue. Not so with Margie.

Message 122 of 155
Latest reply

Yes exactly, martini. It's odd and rather disappointing...unless the gossip is true, in which case I congratulate her 😄

Lmao @ ppl spending ages in google. The power of me 🙂
Message 123 of 155
Latest reply

Oh I didn't know there was gossip? Cat Surprised Where does that info come from?

The only gossip I know about regarding the Abbotts marriage happened right here on these boards: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/The-Abbotts-are-getting-divorced-O-O-O/td-p/61552

Message 124 of 155
Latest reply

Hahaha I forgot about that thread...hilarious responses. Love the outrage lol!

And for those fretting about such gossip going public, the thread comes second on google haha!

The current goss isn't about divorce, but an agreed power shift. It comes from the place where all good modern gossip comes from...social media 😄

Message 125 of 155
Latest reply

@just_me_karen wrote:
Hahaha I forgot about that thread...hilarious responses. Love the outrage lol!

And for those fretting about such gossip going public, the thread comes second on google haha!

The current goss isn't about divorce, but an agreed power shift. It comes from the place where all good modern gossip comes from...social media 😄

OMG! It does too. How funny.

Well I suppose that WAS the point of that thread...

Message 126 of 155
Latest reply

He is still living on his on in the AFP cell. That is weird in itself.

Message 127 of 155
Latest reply

That was part of the deal, according to super snoop journos on twitter 😄

Meanwhile his 3000 pw week house is unused.

Message 128 of 155
Latest reply

I'd like to know the carer to baby ratio in her centre, and if she pays over the award rates. 

Message 129 of 155
Latest reply

10 staff and 100 families.

@polksaladallie wrote:

I'd like to know the carer to baby ratio in her centre, and if she pays over the award rates. 

Message 130 of 155
Latest reply