Why do you come here?

Now hopefully this turns into a thread about spreading the <3.  I actually stumbled accross CS when I first started selling on ebay.  I had some seller questions and found the seller boards to be most helpful.  Once I became apt at selling, I clicked in here one day and was really impressed at all the debating and religious, political and just generally interesting topics that were being discussed. So yeah a bit over 1,000 posts later and I'm still interested to keep checking in daily to see whats happening 🙂  

I like the contentious topics, and (for the most part) I find ya'll really awesome to discuss these topics with 🙂

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Why do you come here?

@softail-joanie wrote:

Joanie, I hope you don't just think of us a curiosities. In lots of ways we are far more advanced and worldly in many ways

Ok, was it the halfway around the world remark, or the driving on diffrent sides of the road?, or perhaps the cars with steering and pedals on diffrent sides?

they have mail delevery vehicles here that can be driven from the right side, Our mail delivery lady uses her own car with a RHD conversion done to it. However, i wouldn't recomend driving on the left side of the road here, also, if I were ever to drive there, getting used to the side of road diffrence, and shifting with my left hand, if i was driving one of your cars, well, just would take some getting used to.

Left vs Right- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMSzln0T9ZI

Right-Hand Drive vs. U.S. Parking Garage- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sd0YV1H2yg

A Downside of Owning a Right Hand Drive Car- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18A7t2uTisc

Right Hand Drive Conversion Honda Civic EK WRENCH PRO- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhV7G1lblr0

nah, only takes a cpl of days to get used to it.

Hubby and I are heading off to England and Europe in June, England drives left, Germany drives right. He always makes me drive Woman LOL

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply

I agee, I have driven in many different countries and it is easy once you get used to it. Right hand stick drive is a bit tricky though. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, you will be missed.

Message 32 of 44
Latest reply

Why do I come here??? Because it's addictive.

Stumbled across the help boards years ago, then started visiting CW.

Hate the political and religeous threads and rarely read them.

Made  friends with some from here that no longer visit here but that's ok as we spend time on FB having fun. Spend more time on FB these days and like Stawka I love my computer because my friends live in it.Woman Very Happy 

Message 33 of 44
Latest reply

Oh what? You met your husband on these boards? WOW thats adorable.

Are there any other love stories I'm not aware of? hehe

yes there are.  there is at least another

adorable love story (not mine lol)

Message 34 of 44
Latest reply

I try and keep the sheilas under control on the blokes thread.

--they nag me all the time.....go to the doctor etc..........lol.

Its a great thread for the regs--others by pass it like i do  with the

political and religious threads---not hard to get in trouble posting on them.

Threads like the recent sausage one are a laugh--should be more.........Richo////.

Message 35 of 44
Latest reply

I come here to rest.  When I stop to have a cuppa, I check my emails, and check the boards, that way I usually finish my cuppa, instead of finding number of half drunk cups around the house and garden.  🙂

Or when I am too sick to do much then I hang around bit more. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 36 of 44
Latest reply

I come here for a laugh and some times to catch the outrage Bus 🙂

Some times I just have to much time on my hands.

Message 37 of 44
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member
Message 38 of 44
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

I come here to rest.  When I stop to have a cuppa, I check my emails, and check the boards, that way I usually finish my cuppa, instead of finding number of half drunk cups around the house and garden.  🙂

Or when I am too sick to do much then I hang around bit more. 

Oh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does that lol 

Message 39 of 44
Latest reply

glutton for punishment, I suppose.Smiley Embarassed

Message 40 of 44
Latest reply