Why isnt it life when you murder someone?

Gayle Woodford's killer Dudley Davey to spend 32 years behind bars

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/gayle-woodfords-killer-to-spend-32-years-behind-bars/8599962

so why when a person is found guilty of murder do we not take their freedom away forever? a murderer has robed another of their life, robbed that persons family of a loved on for life and robbed society of a persons contribution for life.

particularly when there are no good reasons for the murder, it was committed just because.....well no reason really.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

The way society is. Can't do anything to 'punish' someone. It;'s not nice Woman Mad

Can't even say 'no' to kids in preschool when they have just hurt another child/teacher/or tried doing something dangerous....might hurt their feelings or offend the parent(s)

So, they grow up believing they can do whatever they want to whoever they want and there will be no consequences for their actions

And then all these do-gooders out there making these rules wonder why society has gone to heck in a handbasket Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Why isnt it the death penalty?   .... Life for a life etc

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

Why isnt it the death penalty?   .... Life for a life etc

because we are 'civilized'

with a lot of these sorry excuses for human beans i'd rather not be civilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmO32IdwuE

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Gayle Woodford's killer Dudley Davey to spend 32 years behind bars

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/gayle-woodfords-killer-to-spend-32-years-behind-bars/8599962

so why when a person is found guilty of murder do we not take their freedom away forever? a murderer has robed another of their life, robbed that persons family of a loved on for life and robbed society of a persons contribution for life.

particularly when there are no good reasons for the murder, it was committed just because.....well no reason really.

I think every case needs to be decided on its circumstances.

Some are much worse than others.

I'm not a fan of letting people off because they say they were on drugs or whatever though. Adults need to be held totally accountable for their actions.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Guess I'm not all the civilised David   ..... 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Surely we have to take the circumstances into consideration? A mentally ill person who is acutely psychotic and commits murder is different to someone who premeditatedly murders someone for revenge or to rob them. And a long-term victim of domestic violence who has had enough and deliberately murders the perpetrator is different to to a psychopath who murders someone for fun, or because they can.

I think we would be uncivilised if the circumstances didn't matter.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I am sure there are times when most of us would like to be uncivilised.....like when a cold blooded killer gets little more than a slap on the wrist.Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Of course the mitigating circumstances in each case need to be considered, however, there are times imo when the death penaity needs to be an option   ...... Use of banned substances should never been used as an "excuse" for murder 

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

this case is a perfect example, just hang the creep,

26 years? i have to feed and clothe him for 26 years?

Zahra Abrahimzadeh murder: Coroner critical of SA police domestic violence procedures

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-07/zahra-abrahimzadeh-murder-coroner-critical-of-police-domestic-...

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply