Wife killer Borce Ristevski is sentenced to nine years' jail

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Borce Ristevski has been sentenced to nine years in jail for killing his wife Karen almost three years ago.

Passing sentence in Victoria's Supreme Court today, Justice Christopher Beale slammed Ristevski for his 'rank deceit' and said: 'For years, you continued spinning your web of lies'. 

Ristevski killed his wife Karen, 47, at their Melbourne home in June 2016 before dumping her body in a national park where it was found eight months later. 

Ristevski feigned innocence for almost three years, lying to the police, the public and his daughter, until making an unexpected guilty plea to manslaughter on the eve of his murder trial last month. 

Borce must serve six years without parole.

Justice Beale said if he had not pleaded guilty, the sentence would have been 10 years, seven without parole. 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/wife-killer-borce-ristevski-is-sentenced-to-nine-years-jail...

Certainly not long enough IMO.  

And to put his daughter through 3 years of agony?

And she still stands by him!

Mum deserved better.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Nine years?

Bleeping joke  🤬🤬🤬

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

And he is still being selfish.

Lets hope he stays in for the balance of the full nine years.

image host
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Nope.

Borce must serve six years without parole

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, so lets hope his parole applications are refused after the 6 years less time served.

image host
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Borce Ristevski was today sentenced to nine years in jail for killing his wife Karen but may walk free in less than five with time already served.

With 491 days behind bars already, he could be free before his 60th birthday.

At last month's pre-sentencing hearing, defence counsel David Hallowes SC said the crime should be considered in the 'mid-range' of the offence of manslaughter.

But prosecutor Brendan Kissane QC argued the crime sat at the higher end and labelled it an example of domestic violence.

'He (Ristevski) has failed to reveal what went on in the house. The fact he hasn't given an explanation doesn't suddenly mean his offence ends up in the middle.'

The maximum sentence for manslaughter is 20 years. 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/wife-killer-borce-ristevski-could-be-free-from-jail-in-less...

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

i'm seeing this so often now, short sentences for the (in my view) the worst crime, taking a life.

sure there are cases where killing is prolly not ok but understandable. but cold blooded murderers are getting off pretty darn lightly.

it should be 'life' imprisonment.

when was it decided a persons life was worth so little?

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Borce Ristevski sentenced to nine years in jail for killing wife Karen in unexplained manslaughter

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-18/borce-ristevski-jailed-for-manslaughter-of-wife-karen/1102054...

ABC coverage

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

the letter from his daughter is pretty difficult to fathom. maybe she hasnt admitted to herself he really did do it.

she talks about all the good stuff her father did when she was a child and how loving he was but doesnt actually address the crime he has committed.

she doesnt even know how she died. he hasn't explained it. to anyone.

he dumped her body in the scrub where ants and bugs feasted on it for years. and looked into his daughters eyes and cried 'why did she leave?'

all the time knowing exactly where she was and what was happening to her body.

how do you live day in day out with that knowledge and not go mad? watching your daughter fall apart and family members struggling with the sudden dissapearence of her?

how do you cope knowing any day the body may be discovered and the police will be coming to take you away?

i get it, a person snaps, strikes out and kills someone. they didnt plan it, it just happens. but then to cover it up like this man did for so long?

that i can not understand.

how does the human brain do that?

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

He has at least 5 years to ponder all that, David.

I think the daughter only remembers a loving dad.

She must be torn emotionally.

Me?      I'd let him rot for what he did to my mum.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply