William Tyrrell - almost 4 years later

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A new, large scale search for missing boy William Tyrrell will begin on Wednesday almost four years after he disappeared on the NSW mid-north coast.

Strike Force Rosann detectives announced late on Tuesday they will undertake a four-week forensic search of the township of Kendall, where William was last seen, and the surrounding bushland.

"Detectives and analysts from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding William’s disappearance," NSW police said in a statement.

Searchers have spent the week combing bushland at Kendall for William Tyrell.

Searchers have spent the week combing bushland at Kendall for William Tyrell.

"As part of ongoing investigations, Strike Force Rosann detectives will commence a four-week forensic search of bushland at Kendall tomorrow."

William, then three, vanished from his grandparent's Kendall home on September 12, 2014.

In 2017 a then unprecedented award of $1 million was offered by the NSW government, for any information leading to the recovery of William.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/police-announce-new-search-for-missing-boy-william-tyrrell/...

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I wonder if they have a lead now.  

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Well something sure happened to get it kick started again.

Hope something turns up.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It does sound like they've had some sort of a tip off...   but they're not saying anything

i just hope they find him and can soon solve the case.

Poor little kid.. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Me too, Deb. I can't think of anything worse than having your child go missing and never finding out what happened to him.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

i saw on the news a group of searchers with rakes, i would have thought dogs trained to find dead bodies would be used.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Apparently a toy was found but not confirmed the toy belonged to William Tyrrell.

Hence the reason for the new search.

david, I think they are looking for anything, items, clothing etc.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I guess you're right David... I didn't see any cadaver dogs... so they weren't looking for a body

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

dont they also have dogs trained to find by a scent? so clothing would be possibly found, maybe after so long any trace of scent would be gone.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The bush search for William Tyrrell has taken a twist as investigators move to a new area just four kilometres from where the missing toddler was last seen alive.  

After receiving further information regarding the three year old's disappearance, officers from Strike Force Rosann will today concentrate on an area of land outside the established forensic search area near Port Macquarie, New South Wales.

Police plan to comb an area of bushland around Cedar Loggers Lane and Batar Creek Road in Batar Creek.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/breakthrough-in-hunt-for-william-tyrrell-police-dump-origin...

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply