Winter Olympics

Who is watching?

I so wish I cold skate like that  😄

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Winter Olympics

@**meep** wrote:

Oh, OK.....I thought  they could not understand why she got two false starts.

The first one they thought she must have had something on the line, hand or skate.  Was that the race they were wondering if the gun malfunctioned?  It was too late at night for clear recollection  :D:D

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

It's appears to be a good broadcast so far.  I like that it's not repeat after repeat and we can watch the whole heat instead of just the Aussies over and over.  The extra channels and streaming probably help  😄

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@**meep** wrote:

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

what is the complaint about the half pipe? is it the speed?

it seems to be pretty slow. they aren't getting much "air" is that the problem?

It was too narrow and by fixing it they created another problem, apparently.  Adding more snow at the bottom, making it too soft.....or something like that...

so soft would you think make it slower?

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

If you watch the half-pipe snowboarders who come to grief, in almost every case it appears to be due to a very bumpy and uneven surface on the bottom of the pipe, and if their board gets caught in a depression, the rider loses balance and topples over.

Nevertheless, every contestant has to overcome the same problem so it's not as if it gives any particular person an added advantage.
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

So apparently, I'm not the only one in the World complaining about some of the EXTREME sport action at the games.

One of the commentators said something like:  Olympic Games are for the young.  If you are over 70 and you don't like watching the daredevils, tough. It's appealing to the young.

DEB

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply