Yay I've Turned 900!

900 feedback after nearly 10 years of ebay selling.

Not exactly powerselling is it? Woman LOL

Still, it's an enjoyable hobby that I still  get a kick out of, after all these years. I started out selling off some underchair mats for my work, after an office renovation, and made $200 out of them for my boss.

I'd always enjoyed op-shopping, and ebay selling gave my op-shopping a whole new purpose. Back in 2006 you could still get some real good bargains to resell on ebay.

What sticks out in my mind is a Danish pottery leaf dish I picked up for $3 and sold for $200. It went England.

My sister had several boxes of vintage and antique English pottery and glass she'd inherited from her mother-in-law which I was able to sell off for her. One cup/saucer/plate trio went to Hong Kong for $300

Whenever we go on holidays, or weekends away, I always search out the op-shops. Even when we went to England last year. England has some fantastic oppies, and lots of them.

I've loved interacting with my overseas buyers.  I've sold overseas to Turkey, Germany, Holland, Indonesia, Spain, but mostly to England and the US. Thank goodness for Google translate.

Most of my Australian sales go to City regions, but every now and again I'm prompted to google some of the postcodes of places I've never heard of, like Postmans Ridge QLD.

Mainly I like to handle Vintage Australian and English China and pottery collectibles, also whatever I need to find a home for from my home.

Most of all, I like novelty Salt and Pepper shakers, although I rarely make a profit on them. I just like to have and hold them for a short while until they go to a new home.

My latest sale is a pair of Jarrah wood S&Ps that will be going to Gloucestershire in the UK.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yay I've Turned 900!

Congratulations!!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

CongratsAnim.gifIcy

Yes, eBay was a lot of fun when we started. Has changed alot, but I stll like it here.

Erica

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

Smiley Sign Generator at TheSmileySign.com

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Congratulations.     You don't look a day over 500       Nice going Icy  

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

Well done Icy--took a while-good onya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Richo///.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

Congratulations Icebuddy!!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

And now you're 901.

See, the older you get the quicker it goes!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

Next thing I know, I'll be 1000! 

Woman LOL

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Yay I've Turned 900!

At 1000 you get a nice new red star too

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply