Zaky Mallah on Q&A

I'm surprised there's no thread about this. Maybe I just haven't seen it.

Q&A episode would be real comedy if it wasn’t so tragic

Nobody at the ABC seemed particularly worried that Mallah had spent time in prison due to a conviction for threatening the lives of ASIO officers.

On the contrary, the ABC fawned over Mallah as though he was a particularly sensitive and needy celebrity.

The former Goulburn prison resident was collected by an ABC-supplied minibus in Western Sydney prior to Monday’s broadcast.

As many as five senior ABC producers helped Mallah prepare for the show.

Host Tony Jones even whipped up a brief Mallah biography to accompany the young man’s appearance. And then the minibus dropped Mallah back home, all at taxpayer expense.

So let me get this straight.

The ABC give Mallah, convicted of death threats agains ASIO officers and various firearm offences, 8 minutes of air time during which he recommends 2 senior female journalists should be gang-banged. 

Has the ABC lost the plot?

When an Islamic extremist who has called for female journalists to be “gang-banged” on live television and threatened to murder senior security officials wants to have his say on Q&A, the ABC not only welcomes him into the audience — for at least the third time, by the way — but they do everything possible to make his visit as amiable as possible.

Entire Article Here

He's just as erratic and threatening as Man Monis, and look what happened there. The ABC see fit to give him air time? What the F?

Why is the sisterhood not baying for his blood over his gang-banging comments?

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Zaky Mallah on Q&A

@icyfroth wrote:

I'm surprised there's no thread about this. Maybe I just haven't seen it.

Q&A episode would be real comedy if it wasn’t so tragic

Nobody at the ABC seemed particularly worried that Mallah had spent time in prison due to a conviction for threatening the lives of ASIO officers.

On the contrary, the ABC fawned over Mallah as though he was a particularly sensitive and needy celebrity.

The former Goulburn prison resident was collected by an ABC-supplied minibus in Western Sydney prior to Monday’s broadcast.

As many as five senior ABC producers helped Mallah prepare for the show.

Host Tony Jones even whipped up a brief Mallah biography to accompany the young man’s appearance. And then the minibus dropped Mallah back home, all at taxpayer expense.

So let me get this straight.

The ABC give Mallah, convicted of death threats agains ASIO officers and various firearm offences, 8 minutes of air time during which he recommends 2 senior female journalists should be gang-banged. 

Has the ABC lost the plot?

When an Islamic extremist who has called for female journalists to be “gang-banged” on live television and threatened to murder senior security officials wants to have his say on Q&A, the ABC not only welcomes him into the audience — for at least the third time, by the way — but they do everything possible to make his visit as amiable as possible.

Entire Article Here

He's just as erratic and threatening as Man Monis, and look what happened there. The ABC see fit to give him air time? What the F?

Whoever wrote that was not watching the same Q&A that I saw.

He asked his prepared question and got a provocative answer. I doubt he got 8 minutes of air time, unless you count the others answers also.  I did not hear any threats, mention of female journalists, or gang banging by anyone on the program that night.

Message 2 of 69
Latest reply

Which "sisterhood" are you referring to, Icy? Is it a "sisterhood" to which you belong?

Message 3 of 69
Latest reply

The Mumbrella story referred to in Tim Blair's (News) column including the full transcript of the particular Mallah section of Q&A.

.http://mumbrella.com.au/the-abc-versus-news-corp-and-abbott-this-farce-is-about-politics-not-terrori...

Mallah did not call for Muslims to go and fight in Syria. And he certainly didn’t repeat the sentiments of his horrible tweets he’s previously made about News Corp columnists.

DEB 

Message 4 of 69
Latest reply

'Fawned over Mallah' by picking him up in a mini bus? No stretch limo? 

Message 5 of 69
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Which "sisterhood" are you referring to, Icy?

The sisterhood that screams "misogynist" over something like a wink from the PM when a senior sex worker calls in on a listener's line. Or when the the PM refers to "houswives doing their ironing".

Yet think it's quite OK for someone like Mallah to get TV time after his foul tweets earlier this year calling 2 senior female journos "whores" and that they should be gang-raped

Is it a "sisterhood" to which you belong?

I don't belong to any sisterhood thank you. I'm a free agent Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 69
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

The sisterhood that screams "misogynist" over something like a wink from the PM when a senior sex worker calls in on a listener's line. Or when the the PM refers to "houswives doing their ironing".

Yet think it's quite OK for someone like Mallah to get TV time after his foul tweets earlier this year calling 2 senior female journos "whores" and that they should be gang-raped

Mallah fitted in quite well with the one who said Gillard should have her throat slit and the one who said she should be kicked to death and you're right, none of them should have been on QandA after their comments encouraging violence against women.

Message 7 of 69
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Mallah fitted in quite well with the one who said Gillard should have her throat slit and the one who said she should be kicked to death and you're right, none of them should have been on QandA after their comments encouraging violence against women.

But the kidnap and death threats against Government  officials by Mallah, and the large **bleep**nal of fireams he was holding at the time is a mere bagatelle?

Not to mention his association with another radical muslim group - Jabhat al-Nusra, sympathetic to Al Quaeda?

He's another Man Monis waiting to happen IMO

Message 8 of 69
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@gleee58 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

But the kidnap and death threats against Government  officials by Mallah, and the large **bleep**nal of fireams he was holding at the time is a mere bagatelle?

Not to mention his association with another radical muslim group - Jabhat al-Nusra, sympathetic to Al Quaeda?

What large **bleep**nal of firearms?  

There is no similarity between him and Monis.  He's half the age and Australian born for starters.    

Message 9 of 69
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@gleee58 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

The facts are really quite different to what you are claiming. 

He was met by an undercover ASIO officer posing as a journalist who offered him $5,000 to hold everyone at ASIO hostage, provide a video and hand it over to the journalist. This charge was thrown out due to entrapment law. 

The '**bleep**nal' was one single gun he purchased after receiving death threats and the police and ASIO were aware he possessed the gun. 

I don't support much if anything at all that he stands for, but I believe wholeheartedly that every single person deserves the truth.

Photobucket

Message 10 of 69
Latest reply