Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What herbs do you like?

For aesthetics and garnish, I love chervil. It's just so delicate. To eat, i like cooked Rosemary. I've never understood people using raw Rosemary, it's like chewing on a waxy tree, and the flavours are so much more intense if you cook it before you ...

Chocolate Bavaroise

To get the best texture for a Chocolate Bavaroise, you need 48 grams of leaf gelatine per litre of mixture. Also, gelatine has no place in a chocolate mousse. Just thought I'd add that.

Resolved! am*3 sorry...

I didnt get the chance to answer your question.No I havent. I think Id rather starve. I eat the flesh only not any form or offal yuck!! And I think haggis is poisonous

User avatar by Community Member
  • 31 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Hollandaise Sauce

Lots of people love Eggs Benedict, and it's the Hollandaise Sauce which determines how good it is. So how do you make your Hollandaise? Are you a traditionalist and go the lemon juioce route, or do ya ramp it up a bit with a few derrivitives and add ...

Wind Farm Fail

So during the heatwave down south when electricity demand was at it's peak wind farms produced almost zero power. That is why renewable energy is not a good idea for the long term security of our energy supplies. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/natio...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 52 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Lobster Sashimi

Have you tried it? I've NEVER eaten it, but I used to have to make it - from scratch. $220 a head, order would come in, if the KP's were busy, you had to go out the back to the lobster pool, put on your gumboots and get in the tank (mid calf height w...

Have you ever eaten crab?

I've killed, cooked and cleaned a fair few over the years mainly sandcrab, (between 200 and 300 a week atm - *blerk*) spanner crabs and mud crabs. Never seen a king crab. I've eaten soft shell crabs, but never seen them in their unprepared state etc....

Chocolate Pate

litre of cream 600g chocolate make firm ganache when it's pretty much set and it will hold nuts in suspension without them sinking to the bottom add peeled (and roasted if you want to take it up a notch) and not salted - and when stirring in gently, ...

Really hope this medicare fee doesn't go ahead

Something really wrong on paying a fee of $5-$6 on something your taxes are suppose to have covered. A so called tax on a tax or in the same stupid ideal as a carbon tax. I understand with the population getting older is a problem, but this is not th...