*bing-bong*...Richo to reception please.

I can't remember what happened on the Australian boards at that particular time, but many years ago - maybe five or six - some of the Ozzie contingent upped sticks from here, and decamped on the UK Round Table. Can't even remember the thread title they used, or in fact any of the IDs. Were any of the present members amongst them ? I know they were very funny, and certainly livened the place up.

Dunno if I'm having a 'nostalia trip', but that episode just sprang to mind, and would be interested to know if you (or anyone else) remembers it.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Decamped ? ? ? I mean set up camp. They did eventually decamp when whatever it was on here was eventually put right, and I can tell you they were sorely missed. 

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Sorry..EMB-know nothing about it.

Maybe Donna or other long time posters will remember

Some posters invaded the US one a few years ago-

thats why some US posters still appear here....it was a payback-----  Richo..........................

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Didn't CW close down at one stage for several days and reopen in a format that was confusing, as CS?

I seem to recall some posters using both UK and US sites instead but it might have been longer ago than 5/6 years.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Was it when ebay were trying to enforce PayPal only and some of the unhappy little campers took off from here for a while?

Joono
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Was it maybe the change of mods--july 2013.............................................Richo.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Was it when ebay were trying to enforce PayPal only and some of the unhappy little campers took off from here for a while?

Yes that was it!

Photobucket
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Paypal only caused a huge uproar, you don't see many complaints about paypal these days, most people accept it quite happily.

There should however be an uproar about the current Money Back Guarantee and the defects. They will hurt sellers a lot more

Photobucket
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Maybe wrong but im thinking---the forums and ebay were the same.

Then at the change over of regimes of moderation--the discussion forums

were seperated and it took a few days.

Thats why we now sign in to ebay and sign in again for the forums.

At the time folk started "groups" on ebay so the could keep contact while the change over happened.

..............Richo.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

I can remember that but I can't remember who defected for a while.

I agree Donna - that is a stupid rule for an auction house.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply