*bing-bong*...Richo to reception please.

I can't remember what happened on the Australian boards at that particular time, but many years ago - maybe five or six - some of the Ozzie contingent upped sticks from here, and decamped on the UK Round Table. Can't even remember the thread title they used, or in fact any of the IDs. Were any of the present members amongst them ? I know they were very funny, and certainly livened the place up.

Dunno if I'm having a 'nostalia trip', but that episode just sprang to mind, and would be interested to know if you (or anyone else) remembers it.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

those barbie doll lovers on the american boards were ummmm different.

I suspect the UK defection was by people on one of the other boards, like m2m or round table or whatever they were called, not the CW boardies.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

I think the major restructure of the boards here was done in late 2009/early 2010- when Round Table & Chin Wag disappeared (and others boards  gone or amalgamated) and Community Spirit was born.

I can also remember before that some Chin Wag posters, started a new forum/group (Earl's Court) on the UK boards, CW posters could apply to join. I don't know what prompted that. It didn't last very long

Change of moderators was around July 2013 (from memory).

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Are we all forgetful Woman LOL I thought it was just me!

I remember posting about people in the UK who leave children home alone and elly took it over to the UK boards and they came here and were a trifle annoyed! but that was a different issue.Woman LOL

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

I think there was a time just before the boards were merged when a few posters from RT started posting in the UK. I dont remember most of the names but I think there was a countessalmarina? I think donna may be right about it being when they paypal saga was going on.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

That sort of rings a bell, Richo. I know there was something about a change that the members here weren't happy with at the time. I also think that they made it clear to the RT posters that it was only a temporary situation, and that they would be leaving soon. I think they maybe stayed about three weeks. Could be wrong though.

Anyway, it would be a good thing if they would all invade the place again, because it's like a bleedin' Mausoleum over there.  photo laugh_zps41ce389b.png

Cheers for the heads up.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I think the major restructure of the boards here was done in late 2009/early 2010- when Round Table & Chin Wag disappeared (and others boards  gone or amalgamated) and Community Spirit was born.

I can also remember before that some Chin Wag posters, started a new forum/group (Earl's Court) on the UK boards, CW posters could apply to join. I don't know what prompted that. It didn't last very long

Change of moderators was around July 2013 (from memory).

That's it, Am. 'Earl's Court' ! That was the thread's banner headline. Brilliant it was. Cheers !

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

@the*scarlet*pimpernel wrote:

those barbie doll lovers on the american boards were ummmm different.

I suspect the UK defection was by people on one of the other boards, like m2m or round table or whatever they were called, not the CW boardies.

I don't think any of the M2M members went over to the UK boards, most of them just stopped posting or drifting off elsewhere. It was a shame - I miss the old M2M chat thread.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Skwerl, I had my first suspension because of those barbie lovers. lol. Didn't the Evil Crew descend upon the british boards for a short while?

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

there was a group of us who used to go and post on the nag's head board when we were banned from chinwag, and a few of the nag's head crew followed us back here for a while.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

The Barbie board was hilarious, the UK board was good fun.

I will never forget some of those picture put on the Barbie board I do remember the pic of Barbie and Luke Sky Walker and the stories we made up.

The big problem with pay pal was ebay wanted it to be THE ONLY form of payment on ebay, no one minded it to be part of the ebay payment system, the ACC soon put a stop to that.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply