first greyhounds now horses

Darren Weir, Melbourne-Cup winning trainer, charged by Racing Victoria and horses scratched

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/2500000007

get under the surface of gambling related 'sport' and the nasty is there.

the must win so we do what we can get away with attitude.

it was exposed in the greyhound racing industry now its getting found out in horse racing.

even with the tight regulations they still cheat and do nasty things to the animals, all in the pusuit of winning.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Zero surprise at all

But hey, as long as there's $$$$$$ being made, the goody-goody supporters of greed and abuse will make out anyone against it is making s*** up

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I think that anywhere money is involved (and not just gambling) there are always some who will cheat for it.

It isn't everyone. I'm sure there are a lot of honest people in racing too.

But it is a shame when any animals suffer because of cheats.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

the penalty for this should be kicked out of the 'sport' for life.

using tazer type devices on an animal, disgusting.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

"get under the surface of gambling related 'sport' and the nasty is there."

As it is in ALL sports!

It's not just the chaff burners & the dish lickers.

Ask Fannie De Villiers for his thoughts.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

"the penalty for this should be kicked out of the 'sport' for life."

That was my thought for the trio running a hardware store in Cape Town...although their stock was limited to sandpaper.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

That was my thought for the trio running a hardware store in Cape Town...although their stock was limited to sandpaper.

i did a posting on the cricket cheating and said exactly that, the 3 of them should have been kicked out of australian cricket for life.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i did a posting on the cricket cheating and said exactly that, the 3 of them should have been kicked out of australian cricket for life.

I remember reading your thread David.

Thing is what they did is nothing new...but they should be banned for being stoopid,,,however if that happened there would be no sportsmen left.

Same thing with the Jiggers found at Weary's stables...others just hide them better  & make sure they have no disgrunled stablehands who blow the whistle.

Wonder if CJW in Sydney will be the next target of an investigation?

We have to accept that if you can bet on it then there will always be some corruption.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

I remember reading your thread David.

Thing is what they did is nothing new...but they should be banned for being stoopid,,,however if that happened there would be no sportsmen left.

Same thing with the Jiggers found at Weary's stables...others just hide them better  & make sure they have no disgrunled stablehands who blow the whistle.

Wonder if CJW in Sydney will be the next target of an investigation?

We have to accept that if you can bet on it then there will always be some corruption.

if sports people knew the penalty for cheating was life bans i think it would deter 99% of cheats, there will allways be some who take the risk.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply