forum juxtaposition

juxtaposition
ˌdʒʌkstəpəˈzɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

A mentally unhinged woman possibly affected by ice terrorizes (by reportedly locking them into rooms and slowly slaughtering them) then murders 8 innocent children that trusted her then tries to commit suicide and this is this forums response

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/no-words/td-p/1658664/page/3

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Cairns-stabbing-Eight-children-found-dead-at-a-home...

but a demonstrably mentally unhinged muslim man murders two strangers,terrorises nearly a score of others and then shoots

himself and this is this forums response (to the fact that no muslim funeral home wants to accept his body)  

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/No-Muslim-funeral-home-will-accept-him/m-p/1658884#...

Not counting the endless hate posts on other threads regarding the siege when the horrific tragedy was taking place

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Monis-or-Manteqi-why-was-he-still-in-Australia/m-p/...

Can you see the difference between the two repsonses?

Why is that so?

and exactly when does "the forum" intend to throw the boot into the mother ??? ... 

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: forum juxtaposition

Unbelievable lack of empathy in this and other threads.  Nobody is immune from illness.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

I don't really understand this thread.  Of course the Sydney siege would get more attention.  It was an all day siege with everyone holding their breath.

There wasn't much to say about the Taliban attack that killed over 130 children in Pakistan either.  I think Sydney burnt us out.

I have hardly thought about the Cairns mother because it's too much to comprehend.

Joono
Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

i am more than capable of empathy, but I'm not going to just smile and nod while perpetrators of horrific crimes are excused due to a messed up childhood, drug addiction,  the all time favourite 'mental illness diagnosed by armchair experts' etc

I have empathy for anything they went through that they had no say in, but not for the choices they make, and whether the bleeding hearts and PC folk wish to acknowledge it or not most crimes harming others are a choice, taking drugs is a choice, following a religion is a choice..

There is help available and so many people have the choice to remain a victim or be their own hero and break the cycle but choose the easy path.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

I continually wondered where the Father in this terrible terrible masacre was,  it would appear the Father of 4 of the children was shown on the news last night, that still leaves 3 children who must have a Father somewhere. I then wonder if this women was in fact the sole carer of all these children?

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

i am more than capable of empathy, but I'm not going to just smile and nod while perpetrators of horrific crimes

No, you do not have to do that.  I am horrified with what she did, I was too horrified & saddened  to comment in the original topic. 

But this woman gave birth to 7 of these kids, she spent 15 years taking care of them, feeding them, changing their nappies, comforting them, playing with them.  She i a human being that did something unimaginable, but she is still a human being......  How could she, what went through her mind we are unlikely to ever know, but I doubt that she just thought to herself:  "I do not want these kids anymore, so I just stab them and that will sort it out, I can then live the way I want".   The saddest thing is that nobody saw a problem coming.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I continually wondered where the Father in this terrible terrible masacre was,  it would appear the Father of 4 of the children was shown on the news last night, that still leaves 3 children who must have a Father somewhere. I then wonder if this women was in fact the sole carer of all these children?

Freddie, a few news articles I have read reported that she had the children to five different fathers. though so many things have been said and then retracted I wouldn't like to speculate on how true that is.

IF it should turn out that her actions were based on some kind of religious mania, then that may give food for thought to one or two posters here.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

No one is going to smile about it Pepe, my heart bleeds for those child. I cried for them

I cry for their mother as well, what the hell happened to her to do this.

I person who has a mental illness does bot know what they are doing, if they did they would be sane.

Have to wait to find out before judging.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

No one is going to smile about it Pepe, my heart bleeds for those child. I cried for them

I person who has a mental illness does bot know what they are doing, if they did they would be sane.

Smiley SadSmiley Sad

DEB

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

mental illness does not always equal insanity.

She may well be insane, time will tell, but sane or insane her actions have shown she is a danger to others so I feel quite justified in judging her to be not fit to be free in society at this time.

And whoever said she didn't just wake up and decide her kids were in the way - that does happen -Susan Smith can be exhibit A for that.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

I think it's more about gender than religion. (sorry, this isn't in reply to you pepe, just a general comment)

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply