i think he's finished

Abbott  is dead in the water . i doubt he can recover from here.  i'm rather pleased  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

Re: i think he's finished

As boris mentioned first budget since 2005 that left out the detailed section ( Detailed family outcomes) which shows the impact the budget will have on families .. The missing figures which would show a low income family on a benefit would lose as much as 10.2,% worse off, the wealthy about 0.9% worse off.

Also I read a ,for example, 23 yr old moved from Newstart Allce to YA would lose approx $45 a week... Probably their whole food budget amount. If people can only afford cheap noodles and white bread to eat they are going to have health problems.
18.3% worse off
Message 71 of 126
Latest reply

Tony Abbott pays price for broken promises

The harshest and most unpopular federal budget in nearly two decades has slashed support for Tony Abbott's Coalition government before it has even  reached its first  anniversary, plunging it into a potential poll trough from  which it might never recover.

Australians have passed a severe judgment on the Abbott-Joe Hockey formula,  branding it unfair, bad for the country and based on broken promises.

The findings suggest the government has made a potentially catastrophic error in  gambling that voters would overlook harsh treatment of welfare recipients and  lower-paid families if it led to a balanced budget - even if it meant breaking  promises.

That decision has instead trashed Mr Abbott's standing and relationship of  trust with voters and energised opponents across the political divide, and potentially within his own party.....

The harsh verdict has propelled the ALP to a massive 12 percentage point lead  at 56/44 ....Voters agree, with nearly two thirds calling it unfair - 63 per cent, compared  to 33 per cent who marked it ''fair''......

....More tellingly, 53 per cent said it would not be good for Australia - the first  time in the history of the  poll  that the budget is regarded as actually bad  for the country.....

.....bad as any recorded by Ms Gillard at her weakest point.

Mr Shorten who has surged into positive territory on plus 8 per cent.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-pays-price-for-broken-promises-201...

Message 72 of 126
Latest reply

Boris.. I could see TA on Tv with his hand over his mouth talking to the person next to him( couldn't see the person next to him) and laughing as well.

What an imbecile. PM of the country, live on TV, and can't sit still and pay attention while the budget is being read and watched by millions. Him being very visible to all.
Message 73 of 126
Latest reply

Tony Abbott has accomplished something that Bill Shorten could not. He has made Shorten Australia's preferred prime minister.

The Liberals have vacated the field.

And the Opposition Leader has pulled ahead earlier than in any prime minister's term in 40 years.

The poll shows that the budget was a landmark moment in political unpopularity.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/an-own-goal-but-the-game-is-far-from-over-2...
Message 74 of 126
Latest reply

Message 75 of 126
Latest reply

I couldn't watch it but from what I've read and seen in photo's and vid he seems to have an attention problem, that and the tongue thing he does (ewwww), petra or whatever her name is seems to be taking her eye off the job. 

Message 76 of 126
Latest reply

Icy wrote: Omg now he's actually matching Ms Gillards (dis)approval rating. Geez that is bad....

Why are you surprised at that? People have been predicting that since Sept last year.

Boris - he was very distracting. If I was the person giving the speech, looking back at it on replay I would be annoyed with him. A major speech and him behaving like a kid at school.
Message 77 of 126
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
Icy wrote:Omg now he's actually matching Ms Gillards (dis)approval rating. Geez that is bad....

Why are you surprised at that? People have been predicting that since Sept last year.

and unlike Ms Gillard he has an entire media pack (murdoch) still cheering him along, (although even that is a little limp at the minute).

Message 78 of 126
Latest reply

Ha, boris read this

How you responded to last Tuesday night’s budget speech would depend on your point of view, your preoccupations and your prejudices – political and otherwise.

If you were a clinical psychologist, you might have been disturbed by signs of the Prime Minister’s short attention span. Chatting to his colleagues, giggling, looking distractedly about, he seemed unable to concentrate even for 30 minutes while his Treasurer made the speech of his life.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/budget-2014-is-this-the-australia-we-really-want-to-be-20140516-zre...
Message 79 of 126
Latest reply

I agree izab....I for one would like to know- all Australians have the right to know

"..... ...one can't help but note what Joe Hockey's wife is involved in...." ????????

Message 80 of 126
Latest reply