#illridewithyou Twitter sprouts anti-Islamophobia campaign

Due to the current rules in place I wont post any links but I urge ya'll to just google it 🙂 I'm impressed with such a kind gesture.

On this historical day for an Australian to have offered to accompany people that may feel unsafe on P/T alone (to work or to the city tomorrow) is really heart warming.

Message 1 of 266
Latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

I wll have a look at that SW, some good things go on on twitter, some interesting things too

Message 2 of 266
Latest reply

I saw that and it makes me think the human race may have a chance with people like that around

Message 3 of 266
Latest reply

Good to know there are so many people out there willing to stand up and be counted. Let's hope their assistance won't be needed though.

Message 4 of 266
Latest reply

Dear GSE, unfortunately I think all the help from rational thinking people will be needed to stem the violence that this occurence may and will incite in hotheaded, ignorant youngsters.

May God protect us from irrational fanatics.

Erica

Message 5 of 266
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

Dear GSE, unfortunately I think all the help from rational thinking people will be needed to stem the violence that this occurence may and will incite in hotheaded, ignorant youngsters.

May God protect us from irrational fanatics.

Erica

what makes you think they're irrational?

Message 6 of 266
Latest reply

Message 7 of 266
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

It's just beautiful.  People can stand together in this country and know that it is no one elses fault.

Not the cashier at the bank, not the checkout girl, not the taxi driver and not the doctor at your surgery and definitely not your neighbour.

Joono
Message 8 of 266
Latest reply

lind

As much as this is a nasty incident, the "hotheaded ones" so far have been the media in the name of sensationalist journalism who have created an even bigger climate of fear than was needed - overeaction - as well as getting some very important information wrong and broadcasting it, thereby creating even more terror and confusion and playing right into the hands of what the terrorists

want to achieve.

Some Politicians and Police Commossioners in others states also didn't help the situation and the media gave them a platform.

I think the hash tag was a good one.

Message 9 of 266
Latest reply

I think the media has been exceptional this time around.  Doing a great service.

Joono
Message 10 of 266
Latest reply