ok my dog is weird

last week one of my dogs decided he is scared of thr tiles and now won't go on them.

today he has decided he is also scared of the lino and won't even come in the back door.

how do you correct this behaviour? because i have no idea

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

ok my dog is weird

I cant give you any advice but you just reminded me how my little dog used to hate walking on the rubber mats outside my doors, she'd always try and come through the door at the very edge to avoid walking on them. Took me years to realise her feet were so little they probably went right through the holes in the rubber lol.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

Put mats down for him to walk over the hard floors on? A practical short term answer.
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

i've put down some towels

what a weird dog

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

Or does he need to have his paws (hair) trimmed? He might be slipping on the smooth surfaces??

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

between his pads I meant...

Also is he getting old?? If he has arthritic joints he may feel unsafe on the smooth surface...like he may slip and hurt himself. As my schnauzer got older he didn't like using the doggie door as he used to trip over the step and then slip on the lino.....

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

@twyngwyn wrote:

could be his nails

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100705183233AAPTxHZ

thanks for that link.

that may be the problem. i'll take him to the groomer.

it appears it's only if he stops and thinks about it.

they both just come through at a million miles per hour

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

he is only just over 2.

they both get around flat out everywhere, quite often lose their feet in corners

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

ok my dog is weird

🙂 I had a cat who did the same thing. I put a Mat at the front door and she would just sit there. Wouldn't move. Then, I discovered that the Mat was made from Pure Nylon and generated Static Electricity. Alas, puss never went near it. She hated it. 🙂 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply