"Good news" I got an apartment

onau702
Community Member

Yes, I got the call, but it's not ready yet. .. It was supposed to be. The apartment manager called me Wendsday, I went in thursday paid the deposit and rent for this month, got the keys and she said it would be ready to move in tomorrow, That was today, I packed most all my things including the matress I sleep on, got there and this place is nowhere near ready, the floors are dug up,the toilet is in the bathtub pending the floor repair, So the maintnance guy "Tim" tells me it's gonna be at least a week.

I left the moving truck there, I hope it will be safe from theives or vandals. I might be getting a good deal on a new sofa tomorrow. Sale starts at 9am and I plan to be there before then with my eye on the one they are marking down. They are marking two down but I don't want the bigger one, it has a nasty rip in it. Gonna need some area rugs, maybe a dressor.

Overwhelming, but I love it, I finally got into, or rather I should say, I'm going to be getting into a place. Yippie ! .. thought I'd share the good news

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

When's the housewarming?

Should we bring a plate and our own grog?

I make a mean bacon and egg frittata!

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'll have to get back to you on that, I don't even know when they will have it ready for me. My dad ask me why I paid for an apartment I can't yet move into, LOL .. They have to buy me a new fridge, thats good I guess, I'm getting a new one. theres water damage around where the toilet goes and I guess they will be fixing that.

I didn't think they could have it ready in a day, but since the apartment manager said it would be, I brought a truck load. I tried my key, it worked, and it looked like they haven't done anything yet.

I'm hoping a week maybe less. Don't bother bringing a plate, I have plenty of mac n cheese, and plenty of tuna. Your gonna love my mac n cheese tuna.

If this works out ok, It's gonna be awesome!, The view from the bedroom window into the back yard, The closet space, and oh, there are cats there, all over the place. I'm gonna like that I think. Neighbors are nice, friendly. I met maybe 3 or 4 of them.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I'm glad you got a place you are happy with but I hope your rent doesn't start until the place is ready for you to move in to?

Joono
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Well, I'm not about to complain considering how long and hard I've been at it. Because my bed in in the truck, I think I'll go back to the shelter until it's ready to move into. The camper is about empty, it's all in the truck, and the truck is packed full.

And yes, I think I will be happy there, close to the river, nice parks around, people seem extra friendly,  just hope all goes well and I can stay there a very long time, into my old age. I kinda feel like God, or a higher power has a hand in this. I'm really not used to having things go well. It's an odd feeling to me.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

ttr.jpeg

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I hope you're happy there and can get on with your life.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Great news, I'm so happy for you. Believe it or not, ou've been on my mind lately and I was planning to ask if anyone had heard from you. Here's hoping this move will be the start of a beautiful new life - you certainly deserve it. Heart

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hope they get you sorted out, and your flat is to your liking and satisfaction. If there's anything you are are unhappy with, tell them. As landlords, they have a legal obligation and duty, to make sure the place is fit for habitation.

Apart from the nice location, good to know that your neighbours are amicable and friendly. That can make a world of difference, than if they were the exact opposite. Best wishes to you for a happy and contented future.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Good luck. I sincerely hope that this time works for you. It is good to have positive news from you.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply