"Men are idiots"

39 REPLIES 39

Re: "Men are idiots"

ok first of all i've never heard of the darwin awards so i don't know how well known this "honorable prize" is .

secondly , this "study "  is superfical , it's taking a minute sample ( over 300 men) and generalising their behaviour to all males but it doesn't factor in age , culture or personality traits ( it also doesn't help that the article opens with "its simple: they're stupid")

thirdly , you can not base your study on this "Male Idioit Theory" because it pretty much means that your study is already biased 

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

You have lead a very sheltered life if you don't know what a Darwin award is.

Any robust group of males (and females) will mention it at some point when they read an article

where some bloke has topped himself doing something stupid.

"No sympathy" is generally included somewhere in the sentence.

Now, as to the question, "Men are idiots" and most Darwin awards are won by men, even evolution shows that is correct

because the unmanipulated birth rate of males to females is slightly higher for males than females. This is to take into

account the higher death rate of males up to man hood.

Well, something along those lines.

I JUST CHECKED

At birth, the ratio is 107 boys to 100 girls.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

If you change the headline from 'men' to 'mankind',Bob,I'll agree.
Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

I wouldn't say men are idiots, but some men do idiotic things.

image host
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

I partly agree with you kopes but I think the statement should be "more men than women do idiotic things".

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

How about "riskier" as opposed to "idiotic" ?

Men up to a certain age certainly live "on the edge" more than women in general

and correspondingly die in higher numbers.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

It's one thing to be an idiot its another to marry them. I know some really stupid men all married with kids. It's no wonder it's getting harder to avoid stupid people
Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Wilk

That says even more about the women who marry them.

Then Darwin's theory of evolution kicks in, although the problem now is the huggy fluffies have wrapped

all the kids up in cotton wool and their is far less chance that the percentage will die before adulthood

that would normally be the case.

You hardly see any kids now with scratches, scabs and bruizes, let alone broken bones.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

Wilk

That says even more about the women who marry them.

Then Darwin's theory of evolution kicks in, although the problem now is the huggy fluffies have wrapped

all the kids up in cotton wool and their is far less chance that the percentage will die before adulthood

that would normally be the case.

You hardly see any kids now with scratches, scabs and bruizes, let alone broken bones.

you need to get out more.............................check the stats, emergency services and medical centre use

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply