"Treat 'em Mean, keep 'em Keen"

"A joint study by the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the University of Toronto, and Stanford University found that playing “hard-to-get” sparks more interest and desire in a potential partner than being interested and engaging on a date."

Is that a good strategy?

Discuss. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: "Treat 'em Mean, keep 'em Keen"

So where does 

Treat 'em Mean, keep 'em Keen"

come in ?

Treat 'em mean  = Get a smack in the mouth is my motto

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

So "Treat 'em Mean, keep 'em Keen" is playing “hard-to-get”? Did you have a man or a woman in your head when you came up with that? I think it is a terrible strategy if people interpret it the way you have.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Knuckle Sandwiches for lunch.......................😂

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

"A joint study by the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the University of Toronto, and Stanford University found that playing “hard-to-get” sparks more interest and desire in a potential partner than being interested and engaging on a date."

Is that a good strategy?

Discuss. 

Well,  much respected Indigenous Australian author, the lovely Dr. Anita Heiss said "Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen" in an interview. I think it was on ABC about 12 years ago. They were talking about relationships. Of course she could have said it in fun.  Anyway, I just loved the way she said it in response to what the interviewer said.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply