talk about devine intervention

When I was around 20 I lived in Alice Springs in a youth hostel for a time

a group of us decided to go to the Harts Range Races which was quite a distance away

There were 7 of us 2 girls and 5 guys 1 on a motorbike and the rest in a ute {stupid things you do when your young }

anyway travelling down a dirt track for about 60 k in the middle of nowhere we get a flat tyre {no spare of course}

so the guy on the bike has to take the tyre all the way back to Alice and get it fixed

we waited hours and hours for this guy to come back must have been 5 or 6 maybe more

ran out of cigarettes, water, food I remember the last thing we had to eat was a lettuce and we were all chomping on lettuce in the middle of nowhere like a bunch of rabbits

as you can imagine we were getting pretty fed up with the guys by now so jeanette {the other girl} and I decided to go for a walk to get away from the guys for a while

we both smoked Alpine at the time and were hanging out for a cigarette

We had walked about 100 mitres down this track and jeanette said

"Oh my God what I wouldn't do for a packet  of cigarettes

and on the side of the road ahead of us was a full packet of Alpine still with the plastic wrapper on

freaky eh end of story the guy came back , we all went to the races and had a great weekend  

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: talk about devine intervention

@polksaladallie wrote:

Miranda?

or Tilly.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

A while back a group of blokes went to the Pinnacles in the hills near here.

We parked up and walked up a track to the fire watch lookout.

It had snowed slighty overnight and the sun was out.

On the way back down-this old bloke had a sweat up.

Noticed what i thought was an empty can of VB-gave it a kick-

--and it was a chilled unopened one--went down well...............................Richo....

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Talk about devine intervention.  I bought a new tube of toothpaste this week (made in Australia) and decided to check the tube out today.

It's  all natural, vegan, not tested on animals, has the Kosher stamp and Australian made and owned and has the AFIC Halal authority stamp on it.

That covers all the bases.

Joono
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I think God has better things to do.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

i don't understand

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

idlewhile
Community Member

Karma, it can be a great thing Heart

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

idlewhile
Community Member

I was at my old aboriginal aunty's funeral. It was a hot sultry overcast afternoon and we had all gone through the washing and the ochre smearing and all got a new piece of coloured fabric to wear.

At the beginning of the filling in of the grave a huge flock of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos landed in a nearby tree and instead of all the squawking and bickering they were totally silent, sitting and watching.

The wind dropped and it got darker, thunder rolled, the wet season was upon us.

It was a spiritual happening, beautiful and eerie and when they left, after the grave was filled,  I like to think that they flew away with my old Aunty's spirit.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@idlewhile wrote:

I was at my old aboriginal aunty's funeral. It was a hot sultry overcast afternoon and we had all gone through the washing and the ochre smearing and all got a new piece of coloured fabric to wear.

At the beginning of the filling in of the grave a huge flock of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos landed in a nearby tree and instead of all the squawking and bickering they were totally silent, sitting and watching.

The wind dropped and it got darker, thunder rolled, the wet season was upon us.

It was a spiritual happening, beautiful and eerie and when they left, after the grave was filled,  I like to think that they flew away with my old Aunty's spirit.

That was beautiful, Idle, and the way you wrote it, I could picture it like I was there. Gave me goosebumps a bit.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, beautifully written. Goosebumps here too. 

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

idlewhile
Community Member

I was at Lightning Dreaming once, I was taken there by a traditional owner. I climbed up this pass in the rock and happened upon a cliff face completely covered by butterflies  fluttering in the coolness.

The ground was strewn with large pieces of rose quartz, I asked the elder if I could have a piece, knowing that it was not the done thing.

He looked around and picked up this beautiful round ball (larger than a cricket ball )  of quartz and  said I could take it with me. I lost it in my travels and I miss it, I will never go to that beautiful place again.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply