See how long that lasts

Can we keep politics and religion out 

Of the conversation 

Message 1 of 12,453
Latest reply
12,452 REPLIES 12,452

the nothing ,anything ,everything thread

DSCF0473 a.jpg

Imagine one of these birds is a light olive green colour, with a little red, under the chin.

That's what the baby bird who is sitting outside, looks like. Parent bird is with it, they're almost inseparable.

They're cleaning up the last of breakfast on the table, and the baby bird, in true baby bird form, is making the squeaking noise it makes when it's hungry.

What have I told you about talking to your food?  Smiley LOL

Gets up, mid post to go and feed the magpie, and her squawking offspring, taking care as I pass the back door not to startle the pair of galahs that are cleaning up the breakfast remnants that have fallen on the ground, some two feet from the door.

I think it's a bit cold for lizards, today, so I wont see the skink, and I'm not sure what I could offer it.

Like the birds, sometimes it's best just to let them work it out for themselves. Smiley Happy

The magpie doesn't stop, and look through the window. She walks past, then she remembers that there was something "back there", where she came from, so she has to walk back. Then she remembers why she was going where she was going, in the first place, so of course she has to walk past the window, again. She's so subtle. Smiley LOL

Message 1481 of 12,453
Latest reply

happy3fingerss.jpg

We're in this together. Smiley Happy

Message 1482 of 12,453
Latest reply

Oh ecar- you are lucky!

Those beautiful navy blue tailfeathers...sigh..would look so pretty with my cape..

Message 1483 of 12,453
Latest reply

Imagine the feather, face up. It's a deep navy blue on one side of the shaft (the spine, the divider?) and black on the other.

They're quite incredible.

You have a feather cape? Is this an item of Cultural significance or a sartorial statement?

Message 1484 of 12,453
Latest reply

There are "just" blue tail feathers, too...

17nov2014P2120031crop.JPG

Message 1485 of 12,453
Latest reply

ecar3483 wrote:

9mb6EkWC1rlpicfo1_500.jpg

Cant speak for ALL women, but I know I do... You OK ecar?

I was just having a joke- dont cha remember this cape???lol 

I do love those Polynesian feathered capes I saw in the Auckland Museum..very very beautiful..one particularly from the kakapo bird..aka the owl parrot..

kakapo

Message 1486 of 12,453
Latest reply

I'm not particularly thrilled by the rain. It's cold and it's damp and no amount of arguments about how it's good for the garden can make make up for my having to wear thick socks on the 5th of January. It doesn't seem right, somehow. Smiley LOL

There are,however, members of the family who think that the rain is the bestest thing ever, and love it, love it, love it.

The Michaels (who resolutely refuse to cooperate when I try to take their photo, so I'm using one I found).

There's life in that pond, beyond the straggly waterlilly that seems virtually indestructible.

Two happy goldfish.

Fountain 2.jpg

I don't understand them. They spend all day in water, yet when it rains they are the happiest that they could be.

At least someone's enjoying the weather.

Smiley Happy

Message 1487 of 12,453
Latest reply

The Kakapo is a very large bird too   Very pretty feathers

Stephen Fry thought this was very funny

Spoiler

Message 1488 of 12,453
Latest reply

I'm going to have to sit on a folded towel before I look at your spoilers, again. ROFL

Smiley LOL

Message 1489 of 12,453
Latest reply

As a piscean, Im with the Michaels: I love the rain...

Just had a little sparrow jump round near the front door- (I can see him from my studio) maybe he was giving me a warning that the rains coming this way? The clouds look very dark grey, and low..thanks littlee

Message 1490 of 12,453
Latest reply