this is a excellent budget

for the first time in years the cash cow.....me......single, no kids hasn't been spanked.

and i will be paying less for your kids......you know the ones that you decided to have not me

Message 1 of 190
Latest reply
189 REPLIES 189

Re: this is a excellent budget

@icyfroth wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Actually no I don't remember any of that because I grew up in an age where young people got married and kids and stayed together and raised them

Yep, even when they got beaten to a pulp or the kids got raped. You made your bed you lay in it. Way to go for the future.

Welcome to the new way forward in Australia!

That didn't happen any more back then than it does today. Actually with the prevalence of alcohol an drug-related violence and abuse there's every chance there's more of it happening in these "enlightened" times.

The difference being that the taxpayer is forking out for it.

It will happen more especially if people are forced to stay together to try to survive financially .Good outcome ?

Message 111 of 190
Latest reply

Yep, even when they got beaten to a pulp or the kids got raped. You made your bed you lay in it. Way to go for the future.

That didn't happen any more back then than it does today.

I don't think you will find that is true. There was less reporting of cases of abuse to authorities back then. It wasn't  reported in the newspapers. A hush hush topic.  Present day, news is spread online, by newspapers or social media so we do hear more about it now.

Message 112 of 190
Latest reply

Divorce was not a common thing when i grew up, but, alot of my friends were in families that were certainly not happy families.

Those of my friends with single Mums, well they were single cause of either physical abuse, alcohol abuse or the dad just up and left them.

I did choose to have my kids. I also choose to be a stay home mum. My hubby works darn hard to provide for us and we have taken steps now and we do go without now so that our kids will have an easier time in the future.

We will loose approx $1400 in this budget, not counting doc fees and fuel tax.

We dont drink or smoke. We havent had a holiday for 2 years and the last holiday was only to Ballarat. We dont go out to the movies or anything like that. We own our cars and never use a credit card.

We will find the extra money from somewhere but theres not much more we can give up.

Yes, we have investment properties and unlike what people think, they certainly are not making us rich. Infact, they end up costing us approx $12 000 of our own money each year.

We have those properties to help our kids out later and to fund our retirement so we arnt a burden on anyone

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 113 of 190
Latest reply

It is disgraceful. These aged pensioners worked and fought for this country. We owe them a debt of gratitude not accusations of being a burden.
Message 114 of 190
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Actually no I don't remember any of that because I grew up in an age where young people got married and kids and stayed together and raised them

That didn't happen any more back then than it does today. Actually with the prevalence of alcohol an drug-related violence and abuse there's every chance there's more of it happening in these "enlightened" times.

The difference being that the taxpayer is forking out for it.

You can't be serious. 

After all thta's come out about child abuse and all we know about the way women were treated in years gone by.

I'm shocked, really shocked.  It almost sounds like you'd rather people put up with abuse than have the govt fork out to protect them.

Message 115 of 190
Latest reply

@freakiness wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

Women who have a child 'face paying 30% more interest on student loans'

Women who take time off work to have a baby face paying 30% more than their male counterparts in interest on their university student loans, according to new analysis of the Abbott government’s higher education changes.

The proposed overhaul – which faces an uncertain fate in the Senate – includes the removal of restrictions on the fees universities could charge students, decreasing the public funding for each course by an average of 20%, and increasing the interest charged via the Higher Education Loan Program (Help).

This proposal is not at all fair.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/women-who-have-a-child-face-paying-30-more-interest-on-...

That's what the minister for women is for. To make sure if we tread on the man's domain we pay dearly

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

....unbelievable. It's not even equal rights.

If you're a Uni student why would you take time off work to have a baby?

really?

She would take time off work to have a baby while paying off her hecs which will now be accumulating interest at the market rate while she is not at work paying it back.

Excuse me? Are we not living in an age where women have control over their bodies? We can now put off having children until we are in a financial position to do so.

You may well make the CHOICE to take time off from paying back your HECS but why should the taxpayer pay for it?

And why call it gender inequality? It's not blokes taking time off to have a baby, is it?

Message 116 of 190
Latest reply

@freakiness wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

That's what the minister for women is for. To make sure if we tread on the man's domain we pay dearly

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

....unbelievable. It's not even equal rights.

No surprise at all from this PM.  He owns 4 women and thinks that makes him feminist. He does not know the meaning of the word.

He owns 4 women??? How disgusting of you to talk like that.. this is probably the most low life comment I have ever heard on this forum... 

No man in any relationship owns the women in his life. 

Message 117 of 190
Latest reply

My father beat my mother to a pulp as he did his first wife. No help back then.
Message 118 of 190
Latest reply

1/4 of a century ago, there were lots of single parents.

Message 119 of 190
Latest reply

Attacking the elderly,the sick and the youth of today (who we need to encourage,inspire and invest in for all of our sakes) is so wrong

Message 120 of 190
Latest reply