what will we do if?

when we get to mars we find a primitive race of indiginous inhabitants allready there?

icy, no i'm not a martian and yes i'm talking about a topic not in australia!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

what will we do if?

@davidc4430 wrote:

when we get to mars we find a primitive race of indiginous inhabitants allready there?

Why address yourself to me?

I have no power over what you post here...

I may question it, but that doesn't mean you have to go all gaga about it...

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

@icyfroth wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

Why address yourself to me?

I have no power over what you post here...

I may question it, but that doesn't mean you have to go all gaga (spaced out) about it...

And as to your question...let's worry about it when we get to Mars, shall we?

It may not even be in our lifetime,

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

ecar3483
Community Member

David, I hate to sound like an entrenched cynic, but do you really think that the noble ideal of Coming in peace, for all Mankind is going to get a look in?

If there's anything of any value on that otherwise barren and windswept rock, some kind of protoplasm with with an emerging culture is not going to stand in the way of good old fashioned greed.

Guns, Germs and Steel... to quote Jared Diamond's excellent book on the subject of exploration, and conquest...

🙂

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

Set the Phasers to stun

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

@davidc4430 wrote:

Don't worry about Isee. The crewed mission is planned for 2030, so I would like to think it will happen in the lifetime of most of us.

Good question David and actually NASA have planned for such an encounter and really struggle with how to communicate with them. Personally, I'd take a photo of Trump and say, "Not an earthling, him alien". Just in case they have been tuning in.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

If there is life on Mars then the chances of it being even remotely humanoid are exeedingly remote to say the least and we  probably won't even ecognise it as a life form 

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

Sad but any living thing will be dissected and killed or we will take some sort of virus to them.

Perhaps humans did live and Mars once and stuffed that planet up and a few got to earth and started to stuff this planet up after they had killed off human like creatures here

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

If there is life on Mars then the chances of it being even remotely humanoid are exeedingly remote to say the least and we  probably won't even ecognise it as a life form 

The scientific opinion is that any life on Mars won't be more advanced than a bacterium. We would be more at risk from them than they from us, assuming our metabolisms were similar enough, which is unlikely. Especially if we wandered around unprotected in the balmy average -60c temperatures, breathing the 0.13% oxygen atmosphere that is about the density of the very upper reaches of Earth's atmosphere.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

what will we do if?

@davidc4430 wrote:

You do realise that humans are an unusual lifeform, even on Earth?

Big creatures are in the minority. Microscopic & insect life is much more the norm.

There have already been probes/photos or some such things on Mars and no sign of big life forms, so we aren't going to meet up with Martians or any primitive race. On the other hand, there might be some microscopic life we know nothing about. The outcome from that is in the lap of the gods.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply