Help please with Mac & iphotos

As a long time casual seller always using a Mac I have had no trouble adding photos to my listings from iphotos until now. I was away for several months & something has changed. Is anyone else having problems, is it Apple, eBay or just me? Spent 1hr at Apple shop this week, the Genius Bar guy couldn't help, so I'm stuck & unable to list my items. I would be most grateful for any suggestions. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

aurellian
Community Member

Try and bypass iPhoto (apple did make changes to iphoto recently).

Open iphoto and drag the image you want to upload to eBay onto your desktop.

On the Sell Your Item Form select upload photos > browse.  Select Desktop from the top middle of the page and find your pic in the list. Highlight it and select choose from  the bottom right.

Try uploading the pic. If it works it will tell you that iPhoto is the problem.

Pete

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi Pete, Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I can upload the photos to the desktop & choose from there so it would appear that iPhoto is the problem. 

It's a very time consuming way when it was so easy before to choose a photo or 4 from my iPhotos & add those photos to a listing. From googling around I can see that I am not the only one with this problem, I hope Apple fix it soon.

I have also experimented with emailing the photos (from iPhoto) to myself & saving them on my iPad & then doing the listing from there. iPhoto is not on the iPad just Photo. I have found that this works on the full eBay site but not on the app. 

Thanks again.  Cheers, Nan.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply