I cannot access my PayPal log in..or the Pay Pal site period!...

I am still using Windows XP Pro and Firefox for my browser....It all started when i would get a notice saying that that site could not be trusted..then to make an exception i got through to my log in...Now it will not allow acsess at all...I have tried deleting Firefox and then reloading,only to get the same message...It says that the certificate has expired or your computer is at risk...I accessed my account yesterday from another computer also using Firefox..

So that`s my problem,can anybody please help with a solution..

Thanks Bill

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

cq_tech
Community Member
Have you upgraded Firefox to v34 which is the most recent version, and deleted your cookies and emptied your cache? It's only an educated guess but I can tell you that it won't be anything to do with Windows XP Pro as there are still millions of people using it (myself included) without any issues whatsoever.

If that still doesn't fix it, try disabling or removing all of your add-ons, as some don't work too well with the latest version of Firefox and need to be updated.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for your advice much appreciated...I will give it a go later this evening.

Cheers Bill

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice,i have tried doing the things you sugested but i still have the problem.I am using the latest version of Firefox V34.I have tried to get advice from the Mozilla forum but you just go around in circles with no real solution.There was also another guy who had exactly the same problem,he ended up giving up...I am over it for the time being as well...I can get into my PayPal account using the IE browser...or from a work computer..Thanks again for your help.

regards Bill

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

How are you logging in,eg: a bookmark or puting it into your browser?

I access mine via the shortcut link in My eBay,(when using Firefox) good.gif

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for that suggestion,i tried it but same result....I get the message that states "This site is untrusted as the issuer certificate has expired"  Well i am happy that my recent selling and buying activity was not affected....Now i will have to use my work computer or Internet Explorer from mu home computer...but it is a nuisance that Firefox is blocking PayPal.

Thanks again.

Cheers Bill

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply