I have a laptop and wanted to change the name for signing on, so I deleted the one which was there,

My daughter gave me her laptop, because she got an Ipad, so I decided to delete her name on the sign in page, and use mine instead, so I deleted hers, now it wont do anything, cant even get the sign on page to appear - need help please :-), i.e. is there anything I can do to get the page back to sign on?

Cheers

Maggie

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I have a laptop and wanted to change the name for signing on, so I deleted the one which was the

you will need to give a little more information I think, about the laptop details :).

Is it a Mac, or a PC? what system is it running?

If you have a functioning computer (or use your daughter's iPad), you can try Google too:

something like "setting up new user login when account deleted on (system type here, e.g. windows 8, whatever you have)"

or "accidentally deleted user login (system type here) how to fix"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: I have a laptop and wanted to change the name for signing on, so I deleted the one which was the

There is a way you can fix it but there are a few steps involved.. Pretty much all PCs and Laptops have an admin account that most likely won't have a password. 

What you need to do is boot your laptop into Safe mode.

When the laptop first turns on, just after the intial screen press F8. If it doesn't appear, carry on pressing it till the menu appears. From this menu you can boot into Safe mode.

After you have booted into safe mode you should see an option for an Administrator account. Log in to that account and then you can make another user account. After you have done that just reoot your laptop and sign in with your new account

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Hi , might be a good time to completely reinstall Windows and so use cleansed of any current system file errors , expired trailware , pirated applications, viruses, malware , spyware , zombie controls,  nannyware , application conflicts, buggy driver installs, buggy uninstalls/ removals , accumulated record detrius , previous owner unwanted personal records etc etc 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply