I purchased a modem that the seller said works great" - the modem is faulty & does not work

jthjohn
Community Member

I sent the seller a mesage this afternoon as follows:-

"Dear smiqta - I received this modem this morning & tried via the browser to access http://10.1.1.1 but I kept getting "Service Connection Error".I then realised that the power led was red for 99% of the time - tried everything to no avail.Naturally the modem is of no use to me & I need to cancel unless you have a suggestion that will solve the problem??

What is your postal address, as I will arrange a return & organise a refund.

Please advise ASAP thanks JOHN HARVEY"

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I purchased a modem that the seller said works great" - the modem is faulty & does not work

Google the model name and number to check you are trying to access the correct http

Switch it off and reboot it, if it is used, you want it to go back to default settings

If you cannot get it to work, after trying anything the seller can suggest, then if you paid with Paypal, you should open an item not as described claim.

Then send it back only to the address supplied to you by Paypal, and only when they tell you to do so.

You would need to send it back with a tracking number at your expense with a claim return, but then you would get your money back for the item and initial shipping.

If you send it directly back to the seller, unless you trust them implicitly as a previously happy buyer and know that you can trust them, you may not get your money back. This has happened to me.

You are not allowed to name the seller on the boards here, just so you know 🙂

Good luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Of course if the seller offers to give you back the cost of return shipping, they can...but they do not have to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply