Isnt it aiilegal not to pay a refund for a return item in australia

Recently i purchased a dyson battery charger from <Removed> and it was the wrong one .my fault i was looking at a couple.I've offered to return it at my own expemse but  they say because its not faulty i cant have my $58.88 back ,i don't believe this is legal because its classed as a store on ebay .I contacted ebay and they ruled against me I know people who make these mistakes are pests but i have a charger i cant use.If ii happen at dick smiths they would have to refund or give me a store credit.So i'm more than **bleep** off

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

some sellers do not refund for 'change of mind'...another option is to sell it yourself

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just because a seller has a store does not necessarily make them subject to Australian Retail rules.

Ebay sellers are entitled to refuse Change of Mind refunds and that is what it is in your case...the item is not faulty and the seller did not send the wrong item.

Actually if it happened at Dick Smiths you would not get your money back or a store credit....Dick Smiths no longer exists.

Many retails stores will give you a refund or store credit for change of mind refunds purely on good Customer Service grounds....they do not have to, any more than an ebay seller has to.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply