No hard drive in CCTV DVR

drdjmilly
Community Member

I bought an 8CH CCTV DRV recorder from a seller in China <Removed> in March. 

I have only just got around to installing it - and was horrified to find out that the DVR box has no HD in it. When the parcel arrived, I checked it had all the cables, cameras etc - and assumed the HD would be included in the box. 

Who would unscrew the DVR to make sure it was there?

I have contacted the seller who now sayts it's been too long and they say they sent a HD - which is a complete lie. 

The timeframe should not be important - esp when the component was an integrated component and should not require a non-qualified person to open an electronic device without knowing what they are doing 

I am furious about this - I feel as if I've just been totally robbed - and the seller is clearly lying. 

What else can I do? I am intending to contact the Australian consumer organisation tomorrow - but I cannot even get in charge with ebay because the listing was bought in March. 

Absolutely infuriated and gutted at the same time. 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

No hard drive in CCTV DVR

While I feel for you, I think six months after the sale is too long to expect the seller to accept responsibility for your issue. It is not his/her fault that you took until recently to install the item. I suspect you would experience difficulties even if it was a retail purchase that came with a warranty. I have made a similar mistake and the best advice I can give you is to learn from this and always test an item when you buy it.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply