Alleged late postage

I have a three day turnaround on my listings however I have never once used this time frame. I either mail same day or the following day. I had a sale of one coin on October 21 at appros 2100hrs I packed the coin that night and mailed it first thing in the morning as is usual. The buyer left excellent feedback and said nothing to me.

Upon checking my account I notice eBay has put a defect there for late shipping as detailed by tracking and reported by the buyer.

There was no tracking on this item which was sent from Qld to WA. eBay never bothers to notify members of their underhanded decisions. I immediately lodged an appeal which stated they would get back to me within 8 hours. 8 Days have passed and no reply. I have never in my life posted late so how eBay come to these nefarious decisions is beyond me. Having no contact phone number is a sham they never want to assist. Can anyone please offer any advice. As for the future I will exclude WA from any shipping at all. I am presently waiting on a box of envelopes which was due to arrive last week it is now not due to arrive until the middle or end of next week. Will I complain to eBay about late shipping? No definitely not due to the flooded areas down South and roads that are cut. It's about time eBay used some common sense instead of sitting in their ivory castles defecting people when they don't know half the storey. There is no fairness here in eBay just bad decisions by clueless people.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

No point having a go at the buyer in you FB reply.   If the item did not arrive on time and was sent without tracking, then you get a defect.  Not the buyers fault, they have not contacted ebay, they have simply ticked that the item did not arrive by the due date,

Did you mark it as sent within your handling time? If you don't that will attract a defect.

Half my items go as untracked letters and I haven't incurred any late postage defects. But I make sure I mark them as sent.

If you had initial postage as a tracked form, no scan will attract a defect.

Other than those, I can't think of anything.

bryzen
Community Member

It's not the end of the world.

Your a member since '05 with excellent feedback.

There are always a few bad apples.

Take note and take it in your stride,

it is what it is.