Thanks for the comments

75tasma
Community Member

Thanks for your comments....BUT I SPENT $$$$ RENTING A VAN AND EMPLOYING 2 MEN TO LIFT, CARRY IN ORDER TO

PAY AND PICK UP !!!!...WITHINN 7 DAYS, WELL BEFORE THEIR NOMINATED DAYS FOR PICK UP AND PAYMENT....

THE ITEM HAS BEEN RELISTED  !!...ALL OF THESE MATTERS ARE AGAINST EBAY REGULATIONS....READ THEIR BOOK !!

View Entire Topic

There is no need to post different threads about the same topic, just add to the one you already started, and there is also no need to abuse the other members that VOLUNTEER MANY HOURS UNPAID TO HELP OTHERS.

I have been a member here for 14 years and I know the rules, I dont need to 'read their book'. The bottom line is, that it was your choice to rent a van and hire others for pick up. No-one forced you to do that. While not following through with a sale is against ebay policy, there is absolutely nothing you can do to force the sale.

Your only option, if a seller refuses to sell to you, is feedback. That is what it is there for and you have used that option.

There is nothing under ebay rules and policies that cover you for hiring a van and helpers. There is also nothing in ebay policy that will stop a seller from relisting an item. 

There is absolutely nothing that ebay can, and will, do to this seller, for simply not going through with a sale. It is of no consequence to ebay, that you incurred costs, voluntarily, to try and pick up the item. That is something that you would have to persue through private means, and as has already been pointed out on one of your other threads, the cost might outweight the outcome.

You seem to think that if you purchase an item on ebay, that ebay will chase the seller down and some-how force the item over to you. Or take all sorts of action on thier account to recover your lost funds on your behalf. That is simply not the case. With pick up items, it is exactly the same as if you bought an item out of your local paper, hired a trailer, turned up the address and the seller refused to open the door. There is nothing you can do about it, except in this case, you have the option of feedback.

Getting this stressed out over it will do you no good at all. With all due respect, perhaps you should rethink whether buying here will suit you. Because if you are in the situation where you have to hire equpment and men to pick up items, this will happen to you again. It is just a part of ebay.