Feeling dejected and anxious after losing money and possibly receiving poor feedback

Hello fellow ebayers

So I've only sold three items so far and already I've made a mistake. I sold an Apple MacBook Pro last week. It finally arrived to my buyer today after a long wait. A short time later, he opens up a disupte because the laptop is extremely laggy and slow. He even provided me video evidence, so I'm satisfied he wasn't trying to rip me off. We eventually came to an agreement that he would keep the item, and I refunded about 40% of the purchase price.

My question is after a dispute is resolved, can a buyer still leave feedback? A single neg on my profile would see my percentage plummet to below 90%, which is very low by eBay standards, and nobody would buy from me then.

I had not used the laptop for a while before selling it, but I never had the experience he described, so I had no idea there was anything wrong with it.

I hope the buyer will cut me some slack here and accept I've been selling for only a couple weeks. I felt like I did everything he wanted, I gave him the choice of a partial refund, or a full refund and return. But he is probably still shi++y he waited all this time only to end up with something not up to par.

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Feeling dejected and anxious after losing money and possibly receiving poor feedback

No point counting chickens before they hatch.

Appears the buyer is a zero feedback account, they might not even know about feedback.

Many newbies don't.

If the buyer hasn't left feedback yet then they may have decided to not leave any.

Don't think about it and move on.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No you're looking at the wrong buyer there, I had to relist the item because that zero FB buyer never paid me. It sold to one of the underbidders afterwards. It's only been half an hour since the dispute was closed.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Oh I see.

It sounds like you did all the right things, if the buyer leaves feedback I would think a neutral will be the max they will give in that direction.

Besides if they do leave a neg and mention a refund or the dispute, you can have it removed.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I probably would have made them return it for a full refund.  selling IT gear, cameras etc on ebay, is fraught with danger

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply