How to cancel postage when customer picks up

l have sold an item and the customer paid for postage but now will be picking it up tomorrow. l am happy to pay her cash as a postage refund, but how do l account to ebay for not posting the item?
This must happen to others, but l have searched and searched but cannot find any advice on what to do! lt's very frustrating.
Would be very grateful if anyone could help.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: How to cancel postage when customer picks up

I have not encountered any issues and had not thought to look but ebay sends out emails with tracked performance and no issues where noticeable for mine.

Have you had any issues with defects showing as I would be interested to know if it can be an issue. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I have not encountered any issues and had not thought to look but ebay sends out emails with tracked performance and no issues where noticeable for mine.

Have you had any issues with defects showing as I would be interested to know if it can be an issue. 

I have done it,  no defects detected.  I did do a postal refund first.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@karen_karpet wrote:

I'd be more concerned about ebay's requirement for the seller to upload tracking if tracking was advertised. It could result in a defect.

Did you read the accepted solution?

Wow,  thats a bit of a Karen comment,  sure the OP may have accepted another solution,  but it is still a valid comment that Karen_Karpet has made.  Remember other people read these threads and may have gone with one of the other solutions suggested.   Why so grumpy, for a valid comment.

My apologies... I only saw one Accepted Solution when I posted... still the only one I see.

For some reason the OP selected my comment as a Solution.

I don't see how I was grumpy... I simply asked a question.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

LOL - at ' grumpy ' - just LOL.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@planetange111 wrote:

Thank you for your response.
I have cancelled the order, and worked out a solution with the customer.

As the item hasn't been relisted, I suspect this has now been sold off ebay as the "solution". Big mistake. BIG BIG mistake. Ebay don't take kindly to that and you could see future attempts to sell not possible.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I have an email from ebay I got some years ago saying I was a good ebayer. This was due to having a buyer purchase an item through ebay which meant my messages had been monitored for selling outside of ebay. 

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@planetange111 wrote:

Thank you for your response.
I have cancelled the order, and worked out a solution with the customer.

As the item hasn't been relisted, I suspect this has now been sold off ebay as the "solution". Big mistake. BIG BIG mistake. Ebay don't take kindly to that and you could see future attempts to sell not possible.

exactly,  op will be getting a nastygram from ebay shortly.  and the sad thing is they admitted it on the public forum for ebay to see.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply