I cant get responses to genuine questions!

magic_mat1
Community Member

I have been looking at buying certain models of Fender Stratocaster guitars and after being messed around trying to buy elsewhere I decided to try Ebay. I have had my account for years but got put off when I tried to buy an item but because my account was new it would not let me and I ended up just going to Amazon. 

The problem I have is that people simply ignore me because I have no purchases. I even asked someone to give me any response of any kind just so I know someone is at the other end (ad has not been updated for months) but I just get ignored. 

How do I purchase anything if sellers completely ignore me no matter what I do? Incredibly frustrating! 

Message 1 of 62
Latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: I cant get responses to genuine questions!

I have just replied to seller, that there is nowhere to input postcode??

This is becoming a novel!

Message 41 of 62
Latest reply

Lol yeah you're telling me. Ironic as I came to Ebay to avoid the dramas of FB marketplace and thought I could simply hit buy now, pay up and I will get what I wanted without the seller randomly changing their mind (yes this happened to me on marketplace). 

You are right, I have tried but there is nowhere for me to put my postcode in so I cannot proceed. Plus if they aren't getting any messages I don't know how they get my address details?! 

I have never had such a hard time being parted with my money. Smh

Message 42 of 62
Latest reply

magic_mat1
Community Member

Seller if you see this my postcode is 2150!

Message 43 of 62
Latest reply

Thank you, I tried to make an offer but I get a message 

"You’ve reached a temporary buying restriction.

You can only buy items where you can pay immediately at checkout. To continue, find an item with an immediate payment method and click on the “Add to Cart” button in the listing."

Which I got when I initially tried to make an offer on the listing I am interested in. I wasn't too concerned as I figured it is a new buyer restriction so I decided to just hit buy now... which is when I struck the issue with postage not being specified so it wont allow me to just buy it at the asking price.

Message 44 of 62
Latest reply

OK - you have a new ID.

Just a question - did you sign out of Google - log into - ebay.com.au - and rejoin - using a new - say for instance - email@gmail.com - or other.

Cause your ID is coming up - yet again with no registration details.

Message 45 of 62
Latest reply

Screenshot_20240116-183246_Chrome.jpg

I give up.

Message 46 of 62
Latest reply

They've just changed the user name Dom, not created a new id. (which might be the solution to the problem).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 47 of 62
Latest reply

Thing is, I don't have a password as such as the entire account is associated with my Google login. I never created an account from scratch, I just signed up via my browser being logged into Google and just accepted the generic default username. 

I might try creating a password and see if that helps. Unbelievable run around 

Message 48 of 62
Latest reply

if none of this applies to you: Buying limits and restrictions | eBay

contact HELP (top of page) & conduct a 'live chat with eBay

Message 49 of 62
Latest reply

@magic_mat1 wrote:

Thing is, I don't have a password as such as the entire account is associated with my Google login.

And that's where your problems might stem from, since eBay would see that as a "guest account" that has never been used.

As I said before, try opening a real account from scratch through eBay itself.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 50 of 62
Latest reply